Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3871

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by little_monkey View Post
    April 5: 25,316 new cases and 1,165 new deaths

Both new cases and new deaths are down from the previous day. Could this be the inflection point?
    Unlikely. I suspect it's because yesterday was Sunday, and less tests were done.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Posting this without yet having read beyond Page 230...

Speaking as someone who has family and friends with multiple risk factors, and who himself has multiple risk factors (male, weeks away from age 60, BMI 31, HBP, taking ACE inhibitor, chronic cough), I find nothing with which I disagree in this article.

Gist is contained in the title: Accepting 2 million deaths may be better than lockdown.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Posting this without yet having read beyond Page 230...

Speaking as someone who has family and friends with multiple risk factors, and who himself has multiple risk factors (male, weeks away from age 60, BMI 31, HBP, taking ACE inhibitor, chronic cough), I find nothing with which I disagree in this article.

Gist is contained in the title: Accepting 2 million deaths may be better than lockdown.
    The manic urge to completely shut down society (an urge primarily on the left) over a virus which may or may not be more potent than the flu, and which may or may not kill hundreds of thousands vs. millions from the economic consequences really makes you wonder the intent behind it all.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Fauci is the enemy.

At this point, I still agree with Tucker that Fauci's main problem is his narrow focus. But it's becoming increasingly clear that his instinct for solving problems is statism. Plus, he's been way too dismissive and resistant toward hydroxychloroquine.

It's time for Bad Orange Man to recruit some new members for the Task Force -- maybe Dr. David Katz, Dr. John Ioannidis, and Dr. Stephen Smith -- and put them in front of the camera, while Fauci stands back grimacing and rolling his eyes.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    So this is a tangent to this thread, and I'm not going to engage in a back and forth about it, but OBP's post and my response has been rumbling around in my head as I clean the garage and prepare for tomorrow's trip. On December 9th, 2018, my two sons got into a fight that escalated more than it should have and ended up with one of them at the emergency room to get a badly bruised and possibly broken arm looked at. My wife and I were traveling at the time and I reacted to the call and the news by first addressing the immediate need, and then going down to the bar and getting drunk. I was so drunk that I apparently came back to the room and passed out on the bathroom floor. The entire event from going down to the bar until I awoke the next morning in my bed is not in my memories - so I had a blackout. My wife told me all that happened rather matter-of-factly and without accusation. On December 10th, I made the decision that I was abusing alcohol and it had to stop. I did not, and frankly do not, know if I was/am an alcoholic, but I had no desire to do the "AA" thing. So I told my wife I would stop drinking completely - no exceptions - and if I failed to keep that promise to myself, I would start a formal recovery process. I've been sober since and it frankly has not been a major effort.

It dawns on me that I have a similar problem with respect to trolling. Responding to trolls is a form of addiction. Not being able to resist correcting a misrepresentation or outright lie (and some do it so frequently I no longer think it is unintentional) is a form of pride and is also a form of addiction. I am clearly capable of trolling, given that is what I was doing to MM for several pages in this very thread. And I do not enjoy that part of me anymore than I enjoy the part of me that is capable of getting blindingly drunk.

So I'm going to make the same commitment now that I made to my wife. I'm going to stop responding to trolls, lies, and misrepresentation, and keep the conversation about the issues. While it is tempting to simply identify individuals that it is no longer worth responding to, people are not bottles of booze. The alcohol never changes - but people can and I'd like to think everyone is capable of changing their behavior. So I'm not going to avoid anyone who trolls - I simply am not going to respond to any post that has elected to take the insulting, condescending, name-calling, trolling, personal-attack path and will limit myself to those interested in serious discussions about the issues.

And as with the alcohol - if I cannot keep that promise, I'm going to admit that I cannot handle this place without devolving being a troll myself and bid ya'll goodbye.

Let's see if that sticks as well as the commitment to stop drinking.
    Dude, forget about responding to trolls, you ARE a troll. You even admitted it to MM.

6. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Dude, forget about responding to trolls, you ARE a troll. You even admitted it to MM.
    I gotta wonder if he was trolling or if it's that his ego is so enormous he'd rather confess to trolling than admit that the position he took was untenable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I gotta wonder if he was trolling or if it's that his ego is so enormous he'd rather confess to trolling than admit that the position he took was untenable.
    He thinks he's that important to the thread, so he was playing the sympathy card to try and control the discussion -- when it was evident he was losing control -- by accusing his dissenters of trolling and being mean to him.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Fauci is the enemy.

At this point, I still agree with Tucker that Fauci's main problem is his narrow focus. But it's becoming increasingly clear that his instinct for solving problems is statism. Plus, he's been way too dismissive and resistant toward hydroxychloroquine.

It's time for Bad Orange Man to recruit some new members for the Task Force -- maybe Dr. David Katz, Dr. John Ioannidis, and Dr. Stephen Smith -- and put them in front of the camera, while Fauci stands back grimacing and rolling his eyes.
    There's a weird relationship between science and statism. I find the two often exist in harmonious correlation when it's politically related.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    BoJo now in the ICU.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Fauci is the enemy.

... Plus, he's been way too dismissive and resistant toward hydroxychloroquine.
    Liberals have accused Trump of having a vested financial interest in promoting this treatment. I assume Adam Schiff has the evidence and will let us see it some day.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra