Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The hypocrisy of your position on this is highlighted by the thread next door: "Can we hate China now". This thread started by a Christian and highlights the reasons for the reactions. The problem with calling it the China virus is not because that is not it's geographic origin. It is because doing that is closely associated with racist and hateful rhetoric.
    Only to whiners and SJW twits.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The hypocrisy of your position on this is highlighted by the thread next door: "Can we hate China now". This thread started by a Christian and highlights the reasons for the reactions. The problem with calling it the China virus is not because that is not it's geographic origin. It is because doing that is closely associated with racist and hateful rhetoric.
      Fine. If you insist on calling it COVID 19 I can go with that. But for me it'll always stand for

China
      Originated
      Viral
      Infectious
      Disease

Stole that from the radio this morning. It's what rogues do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What hypocrisy are you talking about Oxmix? The only Hypocrisy I see regarding this pandemic, is China saying well it's Trumps fault that he's the Corona virus is in the United States because he didn't respond quickly enough; this after China did not give us the information until January that it was bad and let there people go abroad before then. This after China during the epidemic let the people of wuhan to hold their New year celebration, This after they lied about it being started by America. And the main stream media helps spread those lies. You say calling the virus the China virus is Unchristian, what is Christian about defending a country that has done nothing but lie about it's responsibility and then tries to put the fault on INNOCENT people and countries? China deserves all the anger of the world it has gotten Oxmix, I"m not surprised you don't see that Truth since you have a huge log in your eye. Yes, I'm calling you out oxmix for your defense of China and it's lies. and then hypocritically saying your brothers and sisters in christ are being unchristian because they wont' accept those lies.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-20-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I hope China is at least paying you to run inference for them.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Fine. If you insist on calling it COVID 19 I can go with that. But for me it'll always stand for

China
            Originated
            Viral
            Infectious
            Disease

Stole that from the radio this morning. It's what rogues do.
            You are correct. If a person wants to hate whole groups of people or encourage ideas the result in that kind of hatred from others, there is not a lot I can do to stop it. But why a person that names the name of Christ would want to be part of that sort of thing is not something I understand or can comprehend.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You are correct. If a person wants to hate whole groups of people or encourage ideas the result in that kind of hatred from others, there is not a lot I can do to stop it. But why a person that names the name of Christ would want to be part of that sort of thing is not something I understand or can comprehend.
              Is China at least paying you to make false accusations against your fellow Christians?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I ask why a person that names the name of Christ continues defend those that spread lies and calls his brothers and Sister's in Christ unchristian for not accepting those lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Is China at least paying you to make false accusations against your fellow Christians?
                  What a bizarre response. What sort of Church do you attend where what is immoral depends on whether or not a Christian is doing it?

And no pix - I am fully aware of the danger the Chinese government presents to our way of life. But this is not that. This is people trying to place the blame for the evolution of a virus and its effect on our civilization on a race of people.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-20-2020, 05:38 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    I ask why a person that names the name of Christ continues defend those that spread lies and calls his brothers and Sister's in Christ unchristian for not accepting those lies.
                    That the thread "Can we hate China now" was started by a Christian is a fact. And it is simply a fact that the term "china virus" is part of an effort to cast blame on China itself for the existence of this virus. And it is a fact that doing that increases hatred towards a race of people, and that doing so can contribute to the uptick in hateful actions against asians that we are seeing.

Do you support violence against or hatred of Chinese nationals because this virus originates in China? Do you want to be part of actions that will contribute to such violence?

I don't. And I don't understand how a person that calls Jesus Lord would want to participate in the same.

Comment

That the thread "Can we hate China now" was started by a Christian is a fact. And it is simply a fact that the term "china virus" is part of an effort to cast blame on China itself for the existence of this virus. And it is a fact that doing that increases hatred towards a race of people, and that doing so can contribute to the uptick in hateful actions against asians that we are seeing.

Do you support violence against or hatred of Chinese nationals because this virus originates in China? Do you want to be part of actions that will contribute to such violence?

I don't. And I don't understand how a person that calls Jesus Lord would want to participate in the same.
                      Why does the first part of your post remind me of the song "Ya Got Trouble" from the Music Man
                      Trouble, oh we got trouble,
                      Right here in River City!
                      With a capital "T"
                      That rhymes with "P"
                      And that stands for Pool,
                      That stands for pool.
                      We've surely got trouble!

The fact is that we can not let the Chicom government get away unscathed from what they have done, and being too afraid to even mention that this pandemic originated in China pretty much makes it virtually impossible to hold their feet to the fire.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Why does the first part of your post remind me of the song "Ya Got Trouble" from the Music Man
                        Trouble, oh we got trouble,
                        Right here in River City!
                        With a capital "T"
                        That rhymes with "P"
                        And that stands for Pool,
                        That stands for pool.
                        We've surely got trouble!

The fact is that we can not let the Chicom government get away unscathed from what they have done, and being too afraid to even mention that this pandemic originated in China pretty much makes it virtually impossible to hold their feet to the fire
                        Rogue - whatever mistakes they made are a combination of their own culture, goverment ideology, and ignorance of who to handle the situation.

Exactly as in our own bungling governments response. There is nothing to be gained by trying to pretend 'this is all their fault'. The first truly major outbreak in this country did not happen because of something China did. It happened because the idiots in our own government did not take it seriously which resulted in the workers that received the Diamond Princess not being properly briefed and exposing themselves to the virus and taking it out into the community. From there we had the outbreak in the rest home killing a large number of its residents and infecting its workers.

The fault also lies in our own government for dragging its feet with testing and responding to the nature of the threat. This is ALL on us. On our leaders.

Trying to divert the hatred to China is a fools errand. We have exponential growth here now. And all our efforts need to be directed at getting the fool you elected to get off his duff and stay off it and mobilize all available resources in combating the spread of this disease.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-20-2020, 05:59 PM.

Comment

The only fact in this screed is that a Christian started a thread with the title "Can we hate China now?", which if you read the thread itself, is about the evil that was done by the Chinese government to its people.

The rest of your "facts" are nothing more than your own presumptions drawn out of the deep-seated ill-will you harbor towards your fellow Christians.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Rogue - whatever mistakes they made are a combination of their own culture, goverment ideology, and ignorance of who to handle the situation.

Exactly as in our own bungling governments response. There is nothing to be gained by trying to pretend 'this is all their fault'. The first truly major outbreak in this country did not happen because of something China did. It happened because the idiots in our own government did not take it seriously which resulted in the workers that received the Diamond Princess not being properly briefed and exposing themselves to the virus and taking it out into the community. From there we had the outbreak in the rest home killing a large number of its residents and infecting its workers.

The fault also lies in our own government for dragging its feet with testing and responding to the nature of the threat. This is ALL on us. On our leaders.

Trying to divert the hatred to China is a fools errand. We have exponential growth here now. And all our efforts need to be directed at getting the fool you elected to get off his duff and stay off it and mobilize all available resources in combating the spread of this disease.
                            No. What they did was deliberate including deliberately concealing what was going on, destroying evidence like lab samples and tests in order to continue hiding it and "disappearing" those in China who spoke out (with some of them now dead). Further, they refused outside assistance and wouldn't share the virus so it could be studied. These weren't mistakes. These were maliciously deliberate. Those have nothing to do with culture or ignorance but rather with an attempt to maintain an iron grip of control. It was all about Xi maintaining power and everyone else be damned.

You may want to give them a pass and shift the blame to Trump to feed your TDS but that habit is not only wrong but nothing short of destructive.

Comment

And no pix - I am fully aware of the danger the Chinese government presents to our way of life. But this is not that. This is people trying to place the blame for the evolution of a virus and its effect on our civilization on a race of people.
                              This is nothing but a Strawman Argument Oxmix.

No one is blaming the Chinese people as a race, they are placing the blame squarely where it belongs on the Chinese Government for it's mismanagement and then lies to cover it up. Rogue in post #958 has tried to show you the Truth, to bad you won't be able to see it, not with that huge orange log in your eye.

I guess I got the answer to my question about why a Christian would defend the lies of a country not wanting to take responsibility for their actions he is too blind to see the Truth because of his biased hatred towards a certain person.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                This is nothing but a Strawman Argument Oxmix.

No one is blaming the Chinese people as a race, they are placing the blame squarely where it belongs on the Chinese Government for it's mismanagement and then lies to cover it up. Rogue in post #958 has tried to show you the Truth, to bad you won't be able to see it, not with that huge orange log in your eye.

I guess I got the answer to my question about why a Christian would defend the lies of a country not wanting to take responsibility for their actions he is too blind to see the Truth because of his biased hatred towards a certain person.
                                I dont believe this virus could gave been contained,and I dont believe our government under Trump has been any less scandalous, or any more responsible. Trump continues to drag his feet and make empty promises or out and out lie about what they are doing and when they will take real action.

I do not in any way support or defend the Chinese government system. But on these pages we have post after post of denial and misunderstanding driven by information sources bent on defending Trump's ignorance and defended by the likes of you and others.

And I will not pretend nor agree wih you as you try sweep all that under the rug and cast off your and Trump's ignorance and foolhardiness on a Chinese scapegoat regardless of how convenient it might be.

Comment