Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Oh for pity's sake. You too?

During the swine flu outbreak - Obama golfed. During the current pandemic - Trump golfed.
    He did? Show me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He did? Show me.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-two-days-row/

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...sident-118538/

https://www.conservativedailynews.co...-march-8-2020/

Let me predict your response: we have no photos or eyewitnesses of Trump actually playing golf. That is because this "great open administration" usually does not permit the press anywhere near the links while Trump is there, so the majority of the photos we have are taken clandestinely.

What we know is that Trump went to Mar-a-Lago that weekend, and he spent 4-5 hours in the early morning at Trump International Golf course. That is his favorite time to golf - according to him. So if you'd like to hang your hat on "he went to the golf club at his favorite time to play golf for two days in a row on the weekend, but it was to conduct the affairs of the country," go for it.

Personally - I think you should be ashamed if you even try such an argument...
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-two-days-row/

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...sident-118538/

https://www.conservativedailynews.co...-march-8-2020/

Let me predict your response: we have no photos or eyewitnesses of Trump actually playing golf. That is because this "great open administration" usually does not permit the press anywhere near the links while Trump is there, so the majority of the photos we have are taken clandestinely.

What we know is that Trump went to Mar-a-Lago that weekend, and he spent 4-5 hours in the early morning at Trump International Golf course. That is his favorite time to golf - according to him. So if you'd like to hang your hat on "he went to the golf club at his favorite time to play golf for two days in a row on the weekend, but it was to conduct the affairs of the country," go for it.

Personally - I think you should be ashamed if you even try such an argument...
        well, your prediction is wrong as usual. My response is, If you knew that Trump also played golf during the crisis when MM mentioned it, why didn't you just say so instead of sliding all over the place, and then try to excuse it by claiming you were just trolling? I think you just found it out. And no, I didn't even bother to read your links, I will take your word on it.

So now I will see what MM says in response.

Comment

well, your prediction is wrong as usual. My response is, If you knew that Trump also played golf during the crisis when MM mentioned it, why didn't you just say so instead of sliding all over the place, and then try to excuse it by claiming you were just trolling? I think you just found it out. And no, I didn't even bother to read your links, I will take your word on it.
          Actually, I discovered Trump's golfing in my exchange with Seer. If you check the timeline, you'll note that my exchange with him predates my exchange with MM. In the next exchange I had with MM, I added the same information. IIRC, I cut and paste it from my exchange with Seer because it appeared relevant.

My comment about trolling was about the exchange with MM concerning lying and it started several exchanges before I successfully baited him into using his juvenile "change the author's name" strategy. I found his posts ridiculous and figured I'd treat him to some of his own medicine - but it got boring. I don't know how he sustains that kind of exchange for so long - it's intellectually bankrupt. After a while, I started to feel like a 9 year old arguing with another 9 year old in the school yard. He finally jumped the trolling hook on that one, but by that time the other discussion had already started.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So now I will see what MM says in response.
          I frankly don't care. I failed to adhere to my old dad's advice: "Never wrestle with a pig! You'll both get dirty and the pig actually likes it." I'm tired of feeling like I need a shower.

BTW - I STILL have not seen a single person decry Trump's golfing the way they have been hauling Obama's golfing out with regularity. Amazing that!
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Actually, I discovered Trump's golfing in my exchange with Seer. If you check the timeline, you'll note that my exchange with him predates my exchange with MM. In the next exchange I had with MM, I added the same information. IIRC, I cut and paste it from my exchange with MM because it appeared relevant.

My comment about trolling was about the exchange with MM concerning lying and it started several exchanges before I successfully baited him into using his juvenile "change the author's name" strategy. I found his posts ridiculous and figured I'd treat him to some of his own medicine - but it got boring. I don't know how he sustains that kind of exchange for so long - it's intellectually bankrupt. After a while, I started to feel like a 9 year old arguing with another 9 year old in the school yard. He finally jumped the trolling hook on that one, but by that time the other discussion had already started.

I frankly don't care. I failed to adhere to my old dad's advice: "Never wrestle with a pig! You'll both get dirty and the pig actually likes it." I'm tired of feeling like I need a shower.

BTW - I STILL have not seen a single person decry Trump's golfing the way they have been hauling Obama's golfing out with regularity. Amazing that!
            Well I didn't even know about it.

Comment

Well I didn't even know about it.
              And now that you do... what do you think of Mr. Trump's golfing during a pandemic?

Comment

And now that you do... what do you think of Mr. Trump's golfing during a pandemic?
                I think it looks bad. Just like when Obama did it. I have nothing against relaxing, but do it in private so people don't think you are fiddling while Rome burns.

Comment

I think it looks bad. Just like when Obama did it. I have nothing against relaxing, but do it in private so people don't think you are fiddling while Rome burns.
                  So, out of curiosity, why do you bring up the golfing thing with Obama at all? If the only problem is optics, why is it a reason to decry Obama? And if it is a reason to decry him, why is Trump not getting the same treatment? In future discussions, will you raise the issue of Trump golfing with the same fervor used to point out Obama's activities?

Comment

So, out of curiosity, why do you bring up the golfing thing with Obama at all? If the only problem is optics, why is it a reason to decry Obama? And if it is a reason to decry him, why is Trump not getting the same treatment? In future discussions, will you raise the issue of Trump golfing with the same fervor used to point out Obama's activities?
                    I didn't bring it up. MM did. I was just chiding you on avoiding his point.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      It would not be the Chinese strategy that is advisable, because actually they did a terrible job initially failing to heed the professional advice, and have undercounted the cases and deaths from the virus.

It is South Korea and Japan are the examples of a proactive aggressive approach from the beginning that the USA failed to do.
                      Comparing to China, as of today, it has 81K cases. The US has 180K, more than double with 1/4 population of China. If that is not failed leadership, I wonder what it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                        Comparing to China, as of today, it has 81K cases. The US has 180K, more than double with 1/4 population of China. If that is not failed leadership, I wonder what it is...
                        again, China is lying about their numbers, and they have stopped testing. That is why their new cases dropped off so instantly. They aren't counting.

Comment

It looks even worse for his gullible supporters like MM to whom Trump raled against Obama for his playing golf, telling them they won't see me playing gol like Obama, I won't have time, I'll be to busy working my ass off for you in the White House. To which the crowd roared in approval. Only to then see him end up playing 2.5 times more golf than Obama and pocketing the profits on top off that. Doesn't make his supporters look to bright.

Comment

again, China is lying about their numbers, and they have stopped testing. That is why their new cases dropped off so instantly. They aren't counting.
                            And you know this how?

Comment

I didn't bring it up. MM did. I was just chiding you on avoiding his point.
                              I actually responded to all of his points, and multiple times. If anyone isn't responding, it's MM. He just takes anything he cannot respond to and deletes it from the response, often resulting in taking sentences entirely out of context. He is one of the more dishonest posters here. As I said, I should not have bothered "wrestling with the pig."

BTW - even if you're inspired by someone else's post, if you post about X, you are "bringing up X."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                It looks even worse for his gullible supporters like MM to whom Trump raled against Obama for his playing golf, telling them they won't see me playing gol like Obama, I won't have time, I'll be to busy working my ass off for you in the White House. To which the crowd roared in approval. Only to then see him end up playing 2.5 times more golf than Obama and pocketing the profits on top off that. Doesn't make his supporters look to bright.
                                "too bright."

Sincerely -

The Grammar Nazi!

Comment