But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm interpreting the totality of his statements not just about this situation but his overall opinion of Trump and the constant negativity with which he talks about our President. While he has made some positive statements about Trump recently, they're of the "He did something right for once" backhanded compliment variety.
    I don't dispute that, but taking the last statement of his as a sign of gladness that people are getting infected is a good deal farther of a jump.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Since we've got about four and a half times their population and they've likely peaked already this is hardly a surprise.
    The society in europe is a lot more social than in the USA too. People live closer together, travel a lot by walking and bike, like to gather together. Usually do shopping every day instead of once a week like we do, for groceries. All which contribute to a higher infection rate than in the USA where we all pretty much isolate ourselves anyway, and drive everywhere, and live mostly spread out. Just look at the difference between New York city and the rest of the USA.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your giddy excitement is palpable.

Attachment 43577
    It’s not excitement, it is dumbfounded, gob-smacking, amazement that, at least in the White House, the penny hasn’t dropped yet.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Poor sad pathetic man, I asked you to specifically tell me what ignorance I have spread, not what others have spread. Rather admit none, you threw up a list and falsely grouped me into ‘others’ so you can justify your false accusations against me. You directly accused me of spreading false information and produced no evidence that I have. What does the Bible say about giving false testimony, Jim? You grouped me into ‘other’, what have I said that is false? Be specific.
    Again, there is little I can do if you fail to follow my end of the conversation. I posted everything in good faith and being as complete and honest as possible. You are just out looking for a fight and there is literally nothing I can do that will keep you from finding one.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your giddy excitement is palpable.

Attachment 43577
    Amazement is not giddy excitement. I am in fact quite concerned about what is happening, the fact that the progression of this disease is routinely turning out to be worse than expected. And the fact that so many, including yourself, keep trying to play it down as some sort of media hype.

This is not about party, or ideology. You need to get out of your head that I am dealing with this in some petty, partisan way, e.g. that I would be glad to see Trump or the GOP fail in their handling of this. If they fail, we all fail, and millions die. And criticisms I offer of Trump or the GOP (or the Democrats) on this are based on the fact WE NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL CONTAINING THIS VIRUS.

This is not some school yard game. Stop acting like it is.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-26-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Again, there is little I can do if you fail to follow my end of the conversation. I posted everything in good faith and being as complete and honest as possible. You are just out looking for a fight and there is literally nothing I can do that will keep you from finding one.
    I saw you and others bowing before a statue of Satan.

Remember, I didn’t just accuse you, I just said you and others did it, so it’s just fine to accuse you of anything I want and even name you by name, just be sure to tack on ‘and others’ and it becomes okay. Thanks Jim, you’re the best!
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-26-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, you say so.
    MM, your level of juvenile exchange never ceases to amaze me. I'll leave the last word to you. The exchange has long since become pointless.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And this is a surprise?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Granted, we don’t know the situation in Russia, but in a very few hours, the US will be in first place. Someone needs to remind Trump what he said when you had 15 cases, hand him a pistol, and walk silently out of the room.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell