Page 372 of 403 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4025

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    the worst statistic that we all face is that 9 out of every 9 people end up dying at some point in time. Some people don't pay attention to these statistics, but in the end they cannot avoid the result.
    So...what the heck...who cares if that happens a bit sooner than later? Is that the argument being made here...?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    the worst statistic that we all face is that 9 out of every 9 people end up dying at some point in time. Some people don't pay attention to these statistics, but in the end they cannot avoid the result.
    Since you're going to spend all your money eventually anyway why not just send it to me?

3. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Since you're going to spend all your money eventually anyway why not just send it to me?
    What? Now it is your claim to being a scientist that is in question.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-19-2020 at 12:45 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    So...what the heck...who cares if that happens a bit sooner than later? Is that the argument being made here...?
    We already are dead since we are not allowed to live. Now we are dying from stupidity.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-19-2020 at 12:45 PM.

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well...it would probably solve the social security fund problem...

And a new conspiracy theory is born!!!
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    me too!
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We are overvaluing mere survival and undervaluing "living."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A less charitable person might speculate that LPoE, who is still working in the military, is under 55. Since she doesn't perceive herself to be at risk she doesn't care who gets it and dies.
    I'm over 60 (by a few days) and have "comorbidities." I think the lockdowns are excessive and stupid (and in the case of my Commonwealth, under Dear Leader Fenris and Dr. Okum, capricious and dishonest). I believe people should have much greater freedom to "assume the risk." If people in my category are fearful, self-quarantine. If we want to be more daring, allow it. Send the kids back to school. We are giving too much heed to potential Wu-WHO Flu deaths, and not enough heed to the mental, emotional, social, and physical harm being done by unjust imprisonment.

And yes, it is frankly worth some extra deaths, if it comes to that, to preserve our Constitutional liberties.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

11. Amen seanD amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Mere survival? I think we can safely assume you are talking in the third person. People aren't doing this to save themselves alone, they're doing it because they value the lives of others as well. So far a mere 93,000 people in the US alone are merely dead, and a whole lot more, including a whole lot of people working to save those lives, would be dead if they didn't care. It's rather selfish to whine about a few months of sheltering in order to save hundreds of thousands of lives and the resulting grief of millions. You make it sound like it's foreve, NorrinRadd. It's a short term, relatively speaking, sacrifice, not an end to "living."

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Sounds like an argument for Euthanasia being legal.

Euthanasia though is someone choosing for only themselves. Getting the virus yourself doesn't just affect you however, it potentially kills people around you that you happen to pass it on to from yourself... so it's not just a choice affecting you alone like euthanasia is. It's more akin to choosing murder-suicide.
    Last edited by Starlight; 05-20-2020 at 12:12 AM.