Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4028

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    FYI I found this information, revealing:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

Note that 75% of all deaths, in NYC, centered on an underlying medical condition.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Reopening had nothing to do with the jump in cases.
    And you know this how?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Which were how many centuries ago, with huge range in numbers?
    Why, exactly does that matter? You said "in human history." All of these happened "in human history."

Anyway, 6 out of 7 cases slipping through the cracks is pretty serious, if the goal is containment, minimizing impact, and such a high death toll even with containment in full effect.
    I have no idea what this means. What exactly, is "slipping through the cracks?"

I doubt this will be as deadly because the data seems to go against some assumptions. Mainly, this disease is way more deadly over 55 vs to those under 55 or those in poor health.
    This is a very vague statement - so it isn't really saying anything that can be responded to.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    FYI I found this information, revealing:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

Note that 75% of all deaths, in NYC, centered on an underlying medical condition.
    Umm... we already know this. The elderly and those with existing underlying conditions (especially if they are related to pulmonary, cardio, or the immune system) are at significantly greater risk. Frankly, I'm surprised the number is as low as 75%. So I guess I have no idea what your point is.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And this is sad indeed. No matter how we feel about groups that refuse to socially distance and thereby put others (as well as themselves) at risk, there is no justification for arson or any kind of violence. All this type of action does is further polarize the impacted faction.

6. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Once again the ignorance of our president and the danger that puts this country in, even the world, is on display as the reality of the pandemic collides with his fantasy approach to handling real world issues:

Three facts:

1) President Trump claims to be taking the drug hydroxychloroquine prophylacticly. Now whether he acknowledges it or not, this puts people at risk because they will follow his example and because:

2) The largest study so far shows that:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/healt...day/index.html

Source: above

Seriously ill Covid-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were more likely to die or develop dangerous heart arrhythmias, according to a large observational study published Friday in the medical journal The Lancet.

---

Those treatments were linked with a higher risk of dying in the hospital, the study found. About 1 in 6 patients treated with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone died in the hospital, compared to 1 in 11 patients in the control group.

About 1 in 5 patients treated with chloroquine and an antibiotic died and almost 1 in 4 treated with hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic died.

Additionally, the study found serious cardiac arrhythmias were more common among patients who received any of the four treatments. The largest increase was among the group treated with hydroxychloroquine and an an antibiotic -- 8% of those patients developed a heart arrythmia, compared to 0.3% of the control group.

© Copyright Original Source

(As an aside, this also puts the presidency itself at risk, as have many other actions or inactions taken on his part (e.g. not wearing a mask in public settings and having others not wear masks around him))

3) as to whether or not people will follow the president's example:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/healt...nvs/index.html
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-22-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    And you know this how?
    Because it can take ad long as 14 days, for symptoms to appear?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Umm... we already know this. The elderly and those with existing underlying conditions (especially if they are related to pulmonary, cardio, or the immune system) are at significantly greater risk. Frankly, I'm surprised the number is as low as 75%. So I guess I have no idea what your point is.
    That locking up the entire population, for a disease that affects mainly the old and sick, is why you see push back and fewer and fewer caring? That we need to lock down nursing homes, hospice care centers, and hospitals areas with critical patiences vs stores, small businesses, and parks?
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-22-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because it can take ad long as 14 days, for symptoms to appear?
    We've been moving out of lockdown for 3 weeks now. That is 21 days.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    We've been moving out of lockdown for 3 weeks now. That is 21 days.
    I wasn’t aware that the entire country was opened up or opened up for three weeks.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy