Page 381 of 401 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4004

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak...

Faith
    unbeliever
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Trump tries his hand at extortion, against Michigan. Trump and the Repubs know that they only win elections these days if they suppress the vote or work a bit of Gerrymandering magic.
    He might lose the next election by 5 millions, but it won't matter if he wins the electoral votes, and so Michigan is a must for Trump. Going after Gretchen will be an ongoing spectacle.

2. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    https://www.technologyreview.com/202...eopen-america/

Informed Democracy & Social Cybersecurity have been tracking bots and influence campaigns for a long time. Across US and foreign elections, natural disasters, and other politicized events, the level of bot involvement is normally between 10 and 20%, she says.

But in a new study, the researchers have found that bots may account for between 45 and 60% of Twitter accounts discussing covid-19. Many of those accounts were created in February and have since been spreading and amplifying misinformation, including false medical advice, conspiracy theories about the origin of the virus, and pushes to end stay-at-home orders and reopen America.

There is a reason those of us urging caution on re-opening, and urging that we make any decisions based on data. That reason is because there is a huge push to make decisions based on things other than caution and data. I have no idea who is behind this but there is no reason to believe that they are a super genius who is secretly looking out for my best interest.

It doesn't mean that those of you pushing to re-open ASAP are bad / wrong. It just means we know that a lot of the noise (on Twitter) pushing to re-open is not coming from genuine humans.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Again - a single data point is not an argument when you are trying to make a statistical case. There is always a story available to support your position. The question is, does it represent a trend that needs to be addressed. You have not supported this position with verifiable data.

Until you do - this will be my last response in this series.
    Wow - I really messed up THAT post...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    https://www.technologyreview.com/202...eopen-america/

Informed Democracy & Social Cybersecurity have been tracking bots and influence campaigns for a long time. Across US and foreign elections, natural disasters, and other politicized events, the level of bot involvement is normally between 10 and 20%, she says.

But in a new study, the researchers have found that bots may account for between 45 and 60% of Twitter accounts discussing covid-19. Many of those accounts were created in February and have since been spreading and amplifying misinformation, including false medical advice, conspiracy theories about the origin of the virus, and pushes to end stay-at-home orders and reopen America.

There is a reason those of us urging caution on re-opening, and urging that we make any decisions based on data. That reason is because there is a huge push to make decisions based on things other than caution and data. I have no idea who is behind this but there is no reason to believe that they are a super genius who is secretly looking out for my best interest.

It doesn't mean that those of you pushing to re-open ASAP are bad / wrong. It just means we know that a lot of the noise (on Twitter) pushing to re-open is not coming from genuine humans.
    America has been hacked. And those who have been most hacked are in denial.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Once America's enemies had to spend the blood of their soldiers to slaughter Americans.

Now, with Covid, they can kill Americans just by talking Republicans into going on murder-suicide sprees via 'reopening'.

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Once America's enemies had to spend the blood of their soldiers to slaughter Americans.

Now, with Covid, they can kill Americans just by talking Republicans into going on murder-suicide sprees via 'reopening'.
    Kevin_lol.gif God, you are stupid...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A $21 million field hospital in Brooklyn, New York, authorized by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration at the peak of the coronavirus pandemic opened and closed without seeing any patients.

The Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Red Hook was one of several makeshift hospital sites throughout the city intended to relieve the city’s overcrowded hospitals brimming with coronavirus patients, the New York Post reported.

De Blasio announced plans for the 750-bed $20.8 million field hospital in Red Hook on March 31, one day after the USNS Comfort hospital ship arrived in New York to aid in the fight against coronavirus.

WABC reported that the USNS Comfort treated 182 patients over three and a half weeks before it departed at the end of April.

The makeshift hospital in Brooklyn was slated to open in April, but it was not ready for use until May 4, and the site is now being disbanded after not being used, the City reported.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...irus-patients/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A $21 million field hospital in Brooklyn, New York, authorized by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration at the peak of the coronavirus pandemic opened and closed without seeing any patients.

The Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Red Hook was one of several makeshift hospital sites throughout the city intended to relieve the city’s overcrowded hospitals brimming with coronavirus patients, the New York Post reported.

De Blasio announced plans for the 750-bed $20.8 million field hospital in Red Hook on March 31, one day after the USNS Comfort hospital ship arrived in New York to aid in the fight against coronavirus.

WABC reported that the USNS Comfort treated 182 patients over three and a half weeks before it departed at the end of April.

The makeshift hospital in Brooklyn was slated to open in April, but it was not ready for use until May 4, and the site is now being disbanded after not being used, the City reported.

And?

10. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And?
    It adds to the "this is not a big deal" messaging. we're about to cross 100,000 dead, and it's still "this is not a big deal." It boggles the imagination.

12. Amen shunyadragon amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

Actually anticipated, but eventually not needed, because at the time the COVID 19 cases were beginning to decline as they have since.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.