Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Trump has made significant errors and continues his stream of misinformation and lies almost unabated, at a time when the country needs a forthright leader.
    And just when I thought you weren't all about "Us vs. Them".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Your immediate pivoting to try to make mistakes made elsewhere being equivalent to the deliberate acts perpetrated by the Chicoms says it all.
      Speaking of the difference between not performing with absolute perfection and making some mistakes along the way and deliberately causing harm... I can't help but notice that nobody among the TDS crowd has uttered a single syllable about the beyond repulsive antics of Pelosi and Schumer over the past few days. Their willful and intentional holding millions of Americans hostage while they try to exploit a national emergency for political gain.

Oh wait. There was one exception and that was Jim (ox) -- who actually denied it because it didn't fit into the Orange Man Bad narrative:

Nope. Just can't be real because it cannot be used to make Trump look bad

And then there was a twisted form of whataboutism with

Of course if the Republicans had been trying to do what one Democrat said was trying to enact their vision, stuffing the emergency relief stimulus with pork and things totally unrelated to fighting the Chicom coronavirus then by all means provide some examples.

As for the rest of the TDS crowd, all we've got is

Last edited by rogue06; 03-26-2020, 11:01 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Nice dodge. But given you don't want to discuss what I am addressing in my posts, why do you bother to reply to them?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Speaking of the difference between not performing with absolute perfection and making some mistakes along the way and deliberately causing harm... I can't help but notice that nobody among the TDS crowd has uttered a single syllable about the beyond repulsive antics of Pelosi and Schumer over the past few days. Their willful and intentional holding millions of Americans hostage while they try to exploit a national emergency for political gain.

Oh wait. There was one exception and that was Jim (ox) -- who actually denied it because it didn't fit into the Orange Man Bad narrative:

Nope. Just can't be real because it cannot be used to make Trump look bad

And then there was a twisted form of whataboutism with

Of course if the Republicans had been trying to do what one Democrat said was trying to enact their vision, stuffing the emergency relief stimulus with pork and things totally unrelated to fighting the Chicom coronavirus then by all means provide some examples.

As for the rest of the TDS crowd, all we've got is
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]43566[/ATTACH]

Rogue - why have you moved from content based discussion to serial ad-hominem? It is very far beneath who I know you to be.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Rogue - why have you moved from content based discussion to serial ad-hominem? It is very far beneath who I know you to be.
              Truth hurts?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And just when I thought you weren't all about "Us vs. Them".
                MM, it is not "us vs. them" to identify the shortcomings of any leader and expose them.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Nice dodge. But given you don't want to discuss what I am addressing in my posts, why do you bother to reply to them?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

MM, it is not "us vs. them" to identify the shortcomings of any leader and expose them.
                    You're right, now is not the time to promote unity and support your President. Good call.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

Truth hurts?
                      Most of what you have posted toward me in the ad-hominem category so far is so far from the truth that when/if you ever learn the actual truth about it you'll realize you have been an absolute idiot.

Comment

Most of what you have posted toward me in the ad-hominem category so far is so far from the truth that when/if you ever learn the actual truth about it you'll realize you have been an absolute idiot.
                        Is that before or after you accused me of spreading false information I never spread? Keep making those excuses!
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Is that before or after you accused me of spreading false information I never spread? Keep making those excuses!
                          I already outlined the element of false information you've been offering on this web-site. You keep trying to play down the severity of the virus posting incorrect information that implies the mortality rate is likely much lower than it appears to be. In fact, you did it again as part of your current rant, and that was the point of my two posts previously outlined - to make clear in technical detail the error of your comments.

Jim

Comment

You may have missed this: I hope anyone who can escape NYC and self-isolate in another location does so. Lot's of space up here in Vermont!

The trip from NYC is about five hours with the road clear, so there is no need to do anything other than stop for gas, which can be done safely with reasonable precautions. Obviously, if they do not have a destination, they are not one of the people I am referencing.
                            OK. but I think a lot of people who are leaving don't care if they could be infected or not and might expose others, otherwise they would have stayed put. So expecting them to care after they leave is expecting a lot.

Comment

• New information from the CDC says the virus can survive on surfaces for up to 17 days.

---
                              SARS-CoV-2 RNA was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess but before disinfection procedures had been conducted (Takuya Yamagishi, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, personal communication, 2020).

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6912e3_w

Comment

I already outlined the element of false information you've been offering on this web-site. You keep trying to play down the severity of the virus posting incorrect information that implies the mortality rate is likely much lower than it appears to be. In fact, you did it again as part of your current rant, and that was the point of my two posts previously outlined - to make clear in technical detail the error of your comments.

Jim
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment