Page 138 of 388 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3871

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak...

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you really arguing that you think there will be a mental health epidemic coming with a lockdown, and that depression will become so severe that despair will become a greater threat than this novel coronavirus?

Are you you using the (supposedly) discredited "someone, somewhere-argues-that- so-therefore-all- say-that" line?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    People from NYC are flooding my county - some have summer homes here others are renting houses. The locals are not happy!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    People from NYC are flooding my county - some have summer homes here others are renting houses. The locals are not happy!
    Hide the wimmin and childrin, grab yer pitchforks and tiki torches!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That is no excuse. All you need to do is look at the data to realize this is real.
    Sure it is. When you cry wolf and no wolf is present. People stop listening. As I have been saying, for years, nobody will believe the media when a real crisis shows up.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    And no possibility of actually looking at the evidence?
    The evidence of manufactured crisis, is hard to ignore.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    The discussion was about the contribution that the "priority of the economy" is making, mostly to those on the right. It is largely from the right that we are getting calls to ignore or minimize the outbreak, and those are mostly based on fears about the state of the economy. The other narrative is "the left is spinning this because they are anti-Trump." Scroll back through this thread and you will see both as themes winding through the entire thread. I have not seen anyone introduce the "cry wolf" narrative, though I have to admit I have not read every single post - so it may be there.

The left appears to be mostly operating in fear of the outbreak. I'm not seeing a "cry wolf" phenomenon there either. I'm sure that some people are rejecting the phenomenon on the basis of "crying wolf," but I have not seen that as a major theme in any venue. If you have, where have you seen this objection being made?
    You’re still ignoring the cause. I’ve been saying, for years now, that the decision to make everything a crisis, for political gain, is dangerous. Liberals only have themselves to blame if few heed their warnings after years of creating crisis only for their to be none.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The evidence of manufactured crisis, is hard to ignore.
    Paranoia Derangement Syndrome?

The 10 plagues of Egypt were a manufactured crises, SARS-CoV-2 is not.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you really arguing that you think there will be a mental health epidemic coming with a lockdown, and that depression will become so severe that despair will become a greater threat than this novel coronavirus?

Are you you using the (supposedly) discredited "someone, somewhere-argues-that- so-therefore-all- say-that" line?
    It actually seems reasonable. I can stand it just fine because of my introvert nature. I’m sure this will drive those with an extrovert nature, crazy.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Paranoia Derangement Syndrome?

The 10 plagues of Egypt were a manufactured crises, SARS-CoV-2 is not.
    And again:

Boy cried wolf, several times, no wolf present. Wolf finally shows up, nobody believes him, wolf kills entire flock. Thanks media!
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy