Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The USA has dominated the world in new COVID19 cases since aout March 21. See graph: Daily confirmed COVID-19 cases on: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Leadership and priorities, leaderships and priorities, and ah . . . leadership and priorities.
    Yes, it would appear that certain state governments were unprepared for something like this. Curiously, its Democrat controlled states that appears to have been hit the hardest. 7 of the top 10 states are run by Democrat governors, 4 of them in the top 5, and the top 2 states, New York and New Jersey, account for nearly half of all China flu cases in the US. New York also has the most deaths attributed to the China flu at around 20,000, which is say that New York alone has nearly as many deaths as some of the hardest hit European countries, and four times the number of deaths as the the next state on the list which is New Jersey at around 5000. Next is Michigan which is half again at around 2,700.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...tate-breakdown
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-23-2020, 11:19 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yes, it would appear that certain state governments were unprepared for something like this. Curiously, its Democrat controlled states that appears to have been hit the hardest. 7 of the top 10 states are run by Democrat governors, 4 of them in the top 5, and the top 2 states, New York and New Jersey, account for nearly half of all China flu cases in the US. New York also has the most deaths attributed to the China flu at around 20,000, which is say that New York alone has nearly as many deaths as some of the hardest hit European countries, and four times the number of deaths as the the next state on the list which is New Jersey at around 5000. Next is Michigan which is half again at around 2,700.

IT was the federal government's responsibility to lead in this and to provide both national guidelines and drive the development and production of testing capability and supplies, likewise the PPE and other equipment needed to treat patients. You can't have 50 different states all developing tests independently and all producing tests and supplies independently, that is a wast of resources, a waste of money, leads to chaos and delays, and would produce very, very uneven results across the country. The federal government FAILED at this for over two months due to Trump's failed leadership and disrespect for knowledge and expertise in the matter.

This sort of Scape goating is part of Trumps modus operandi of divide, blame, obfuscate and make absolute sure the buck stops there, indeed, anywhere but here.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-23-2020, 11:28 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        IT was the federal government's responsibility to lead in this and to provide both national guidelines and drive the development and production of testing capability and supplies...
        Yes, and they've done that. What the federal government can't do is micromanage individual states where the governors, Democrats in particular, have apparently dropped the ball.

Comment

Yes, and they've done that. What the federal government can't do is micromanage individual states where the governors, Democrats in particular, have apparently dropped the ball.
          err ... two months too late. still horribly behind in spite of the liar kings claims, and at the expense of 10's of thousands of lives and literally trillions of dollars.

There is no version of this where state governments bear the blame. Indeed, the only saving grace in this fiasco has been the forward thinking and action of state governors like Cuomo and Hogan. The president has been an absolute disaster and disgrace, hindering progress almost every step of the way.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-23-2020, 11:56 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Perhaps part of the reason liberals are so full of doom and gloom is because they have their heads stuck in the mainstream media bubble where all they hear is how terrible everything is. They never hear about our successes, like the fact that the US now has a surplus of ventilators.

For weeks [ABC's John Karl] and other White House reporters have been demanding to know how the government was going to be able to supply all the ventilators our hospitals need for the overwhelming influx of coronavirus patients. Now, when they've exceeded those expectations and we have a surplus of ventilators, Trump observed that the media has gone silent.

"We're now supplying ventilators all over the world because no other country could have done what we did, and you should say that's a great story," Trump instructed the press corps.

[...]

Trump later suggested that the media is actually "unhappy" that they have extra ventilators because they "never mention it."

A surplus of ventilators is something we should all celebrate

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...ators-n2567481

Comment

Perhaps part of the reason liberals are so full of doom and gloom is because they have their heads stuck in the mainstream media bubble where all they hear is how terrible everything is. They never hear about our successes, like the fact that the US now has a surplus of ventilators.

For weeks [ABC's John Karl] and other White House reporters have been demanding to know how the government was going to be able to supply all the ventilators our hospitals need for the overwhelming influx of coronavirus patients. Now, when they've exceeded those expectations and we have a surplus of ventilators, Trump observed that the media has gone silent.

"We're now supplying ventilators all over the world because no other country could have done what we did, and you should say that's a great story," Trump instructed the press corps.

[...]

Trump later suggested that the media is actually "unhappy" that they have extra ventilators because they "never mention it."

A surplus of ventilators is something we should all celebrate

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...ators-n2567481
              Your capacity to spin and deceive would have been useful in Russia during the cold war.

But not here.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Your capacity to spin and deceive would have been useful in Russia during the cold war.

But not here.
                You condemn yourself with your own words.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

You condemn yourself with your own words.
                    yes - you do

Comment

No one believes we will eliminate COVID through this. What we are doing is making it manageable. Unconstrained, it will kill millions in the US alone. So the reason we don't want to open up too soon has nothing to do with eliminating covid. It has to do with avoiding a return to exponential growth because we don't have the number of cases reduced sufficiently,nor the testing, tracing manpower, and supplies to control its spread in place. And the president is not accepting the reality that we are not there yet and will not be there for a while. He needs to stop tyring to do an end run around reality and get his act together to build the resources we need to deal with realty as it is and not as he wishes it would be.

Comment

h
                        Misrepresentation of the facts, as usual with political ENRON bookkeeping. The hardest hit states were not only Democratic, but the most densely populated, and where the COVID19 entered the country. The problem is the elephant in the room . . . national leadership and priorities.In the countries that were successful in dealing with the pandemic it was national with proactive and aggressive leadership and priorities the won the day.

COVID!( does not belong to political party.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-23-2020, 02:35 PM.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

In the countries that were successful in dealing with the pandemic it was national with proactive and aggressive leadership and priorities the won the day.
                          This of course ignores the fact that many of those countries are smaller and less densely populated than some of our states, so comparing something like a tiny European country to the whole of the United States is disingenuous. There's also the fact that our government is structured to allow states to have maximum power within their own borders. It's not up to the federal government to micromanage states, which is what liberals seem to be demanding contrary to the Constitution.

Comment

This of course ignores the fact that many of those countries are smaller and less densely populated than some of our states, so comparing something like a tiny European country to the whole of the United States is disingenuous. There's also the fact that our government is structured to allow states to have maximum power within their own borders. It's not up to the federal government to micromanage states, which is what liberals seem to be demanding contrary to the Constitution.
                            Where did I compare the USA to tiny European Country? You are still neglecting the facts that World wide the COVAG19 has the highest infection and fatality rate is relate to population density and where the COVID19 spread not political affiliation., well except for Germany, South Korea and Japan, which proactively and aggressively reduced the impact of the pandemic.

No you cannot use the Constitution this way no immorally and unethically avoid the Constitutional authority and responsibility of the Executive Branch and the Federal government on issues that deal with the nation as a whole. We are not a loosy goosy confederation. Other nations like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Japan and Germany took national responsibility to deal with a national crisis.

You still have not backed up your bogus argument concerning the COVID19 had a political party.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-23-2020, 03:16 PM.
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Other nations like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Japan and Germany took national responsibility to deal with a national crisis.
                              Yes, like I said, comparing the US as a whole to smaller, less densely populated countries is disingenuous, especially when our country's government is structured to place the power in the hands of the states.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-23-2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Yes, like I said, comparing the US as a whole to smaller, less densely populated countries is disingenuous.
                                I did not do that. South Korea, Japan and Germany have very large densely populated cities like the USA. The intensity of the pandemic remains proportional to the proactive aggressive approach of the national government.

Frank

Comment