Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    How many of these alleged occurrences of "Nazi symbolism" are real, and how many are leftist forgeries, like this one near me?
    While I am sure there are some doctored photos floating around from all sides, Nor - there are simply too many reports from officials on the scene for them all to be fakes. And the guns are very real. Why would someone seeking to peacefully protest feel a need to arm themselves - a tactic guaranteed to cause fear in the civil servants working at the protest site?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      While I am sure there are some doctored photos floating around from all sides, Nor - there are simply too many reports from officials on the scene for them all to be fakes. And the guns are very real. Why would someone seeking to peacefully protest feel a need to arm themselves - a tactic guaranteed to cause fear in the civil servants working at the protest site?
      'peaceful protest while carrying guns' is an oxymoron.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        OMG - what an idiot!
        I'm afraid that's why Trump chose him as Vice President.

Comment

Actually an Ox that is a dangerous moron.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Pence says that the task force "could be disbanded within a month" -- which is logically equivalent to saying that it could not be disbanded within a month -- but you guys are acting like he said it definitely will be.

See, this is a textbook example of that bias you guys are blind to that I keep warning you about.
            More importantly, they're not saying they will then ignore the Wu-WHO Flu, just that different aspects of the pandemic will be addressed by various existing agencies.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Only in the minds of regular morons.

As long as they're not pointing them, or especially firing them, it's still peaceful.

One big point of the protests is that Constitutionally protected rights are being infringed. Acting in a way that demonstrates Second Amendment protections as well as First Amendment protections is fine and good.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

No - it's a play into what Trump wants to be true. Given that many states are still growing their daily case count and have not yet reached their peak, given that the expectation is there will be a resurgence, given we are nowhere near establishing sufficient testing and tracing infrastructure - especially since states are jumping the gun on reopening - ANY discussion of disbanding the task force is idiotic.
                And it's more of an example of the bad messaging coming from the administration - in the face of a pandemic that still does not show significant signs of abating. Today's deaths are back over 2,000 at 2,350. New cases are still at 24,798. Our deaths now represent over 1/3 of the world's deaths each day. We are now 13th in deaths per million pop and still climbing on that list. We are 14th on the list of deaths per million pop. We are 41st on the list of tests per million pop. With the premature easing of isolation, we can expect that all of these numbers will get worse.

These are the reasons why Pence's comment today was ridiculous on its face.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Only in the minds of regular morons.

As long as they're not pointing them, or especially firing them, it's still peaceful.

One big point of the protests is that Constitutionally protected rights are being infringed. Acting in a way that demonstrates Second Amendment protections as well as First Amendment protections is fine and good.
                  sorry NR. Walking up to a capitol to protest 'stay at home' toting guns is NOT a peaceful protest. It is an abuse of the 2nd amendment in an attempt to intimidate and manipulate. Absolute foolishness. Someone will eventually fire one and a lot of people will get injured or killed. It's begging for a disaster. And it escalates into events like this:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/mi...rnd/index.html
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

More importantly, they're not saying they will then ignore the Wu-WHO Flu, just that different aspects of the pandemic will be addressed by various existing agencies.
                    Actually - you raise a good point. The federal effort has been so useless and ineffective, perhaps dissolving this "task force" would be in all our best interests. The states would definitely realize that federal support is not forthcoming, and perhaps the governors would then use their "governor's only" meetings to create a more effective inter-state task force.

Perhaps that is not a bad idea...given the (poor) quality of leadership we have at the federal level.

ETA: A case in point... what a complete idiot...

Comment

• Based on the data at:https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...WE+GBR+ESP+CHN This link shows my added countries to the graphs. If this one does not work us this: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus?country

Most countries are in the recovery portion of COVID 19 infection curve. Some countries like Russia that were infected late are still rising in the number of confirmed cases. I have watch the USA, but it appears we are over the second hump and continuing to decline.

We can follow the guidelines, and reduce the infections and deaths among the elderly and vulnerable, but the COVID 19 deterines the over all curve and it is predicable base on comparing different countries and regions of the world, by the factors previously described and noted in the reference provided.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-05-2020, 10:15 PM.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

ANY discussion of disbanding the task force is idiotic.
                        No it's not.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yep... they're acting like the US will suddenly be unable to manage without a "task force" at the top of the political food chain. It's a stupid criticism.

Comment

sorry NR. Walking up to a capitol to protest 'stay at home' toting guns is NOT a peaceful protest. It is an abuse of the 2nd amendment in an attempt to intimidate and manipulate. Absolute foolishness. Someone will eventually fire one and a lot of people will get injured or killed. It's begging for a disaster. And it escalates into events like this:

Saying that carrying guns during a peaceful protest is "an abuse of the 2nd amendment" is like claiming that the peaceful protest itself is an abuse of the 1st amendment.

I also don't see the relevance of your linked article since it has nothing to do with anybody attending a peaceful protest.

Comment

I'm sure the people who shot the security guard were some of those violent liberals we've been hearing about...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Saying that carrying guns during a peaceful protest is "an abuse of the 2nd amendment" is like claiming that the peaceful protest itself is an abuse of the 1st amendment.

I also don't see the relevance of your linked article since it has nothing to do with anybody attending a peaceful protest.
                                To point out the obvious - shooting the guard was also a 'protest' against being required to wear a mask. Just a much more aggressive one.

Comment