Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Buying a Referbed Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Referbed Desktop

I'm at the point I'd rather spend $140~ to get a working desktop than haul the one I have to the shop to spend $30 to find out what's wrong. Anyway, I'm looking at a couple of Dells at Walmart.c - any advice?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I haven't dealt with Dell in a long while...but I see complaints about their customer service.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I have a dell at work and it's fine. Does it come with any warranty? Because a refurb means it has probably broken down at least once before so badly that someone returned it.

Comment

My experience with refurb's has been pretty good actually...but...I researched the model to see if it's known as a bad model. If it has a pretty good track record, then it will most likely be fine as they will usually refurb it with the latest system boards and firmware.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment