Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    One month ago

Demi: fatality rate is yugely estimated, the actual rate is about 0.01%
    people: but demi you are not expert how can you

Yesterday
    so then why are Italy's hospitals being overwhelmed and they have a lack of respirators if this is 1/10th as deadly as the flu? The flu never used up all the repirators in Italy before.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    so then why are Italy's hospitals being overwhelmed and they have a lack of respirators if this is 1/10th as deadly as the flu? The flu never used up all the repirators in Italy before.
    That's because many serious cases of the flu, if not most, remain at home and don't tie up hospital resources. Most people who die of flu die at home, and the medical establishment does not try to save them otherwise the hospitals would be overwhelmed.

This is the sixth time I've explained this.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    That's because many serious cases of the flu, if not most, remain at home and don't tie up hospital resources. Most people who die of flu die at home, and the medical establishment does not try to save them otherwise the hospitals would be overwhelmed.

This is the sixth time I've explained this.
    That's what you think but it's not true. Most people who get that sick with the flu go to the hospital or at least see a doctor who would hospitalize them. Have you ever been that sick? I have. Just last year. I nearly had to go to the hospital. I went to my doctor who prescribed some heavy duty antibiotics because I got pneumonia from it, and some codeine cough syrup. I had to check in every other day. She told me if it got any worse to call an ambulance.

The flu only kills maybe one in a thousand, less if they are young and healthy. And it spreads slowly. This one spreads quickly and hits hard on the elderly and infirm. That is why Italy was overwhelmed. In the time that the flu would be putting on it's boots, coronavirus went around the world. Even if the overall death rate is no higher than the flu, the sheer numbers who are ill all at the same time is what is overwhelming the hospitals.