Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Don't Test, Don't Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I could care less about those points Demi. I will only discuss point 3 in this thread.
    You don't care about how serious it is, or how governments have been responding? Obvious BS, you know I'm right on these first two points.

The rest is all you.
    This is normal. Demi predicts Trumpslide of 2016, 'demi you're trolling!!!!!' and then electoral vote landslide.

Demi predicts that Trump will actually be good, 'demi you're trolling!!!!!' and then conservatives here start to agree a couple of years later.

Then people start to learn, but slowly.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      I'm right on these first two points.
      I'm debating your claim that the coronavirus is a bioweapon. It's up to you whether you want to do that or not.

Comment

I'm debating your claim that the coronavirus is a bioweapon. It's up to you whether you want to do that or not.
        You can't disprove the claim conclusively, nor can I prove it conclusively. There remains only disagreement on which conclusion is the best inference.

Comment

You can't disprove the claim conclusively, nor can I prove it conclusively.
          I am not asking you to prove it, I am asking you to argue for it convincingly, or to argue why the natural explanation I gave is inadequate. Either you're able to do that, or you're not. There's no shame in admitting the latter.

Comment

Anyway, it is getting late and I'm heading to bed now. See you later.

Comment

I am not asking you to prove it, I am asking you to argue for it convincingly, or to argue why the natural explanation I gave is inadequate. Either you're able to do that, or you're not. There's no shame in admitting the latter.
              What demi will do is explain out how hisposition is plausible, and makes sense in the geopolitical climate where Iran and China are engaged in cold wars.

Comment

Well if it is a bioweapon, it is a pretty sucky one.

A real bioweapon would kill a lot more people, like 80% or so. Not 1%
                And it would be more targeted to specific genomes. What good is a bioweapon that can infect everyone equally?

Comment

Someone who doesn't rely on Fake News.
                  And what is your Real News source? (Something to do with confirmation bias, I suspect.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Well if it is a bioweapon, it is a pretty sucky one.

A real bioweapon would kill a lot more people, like 80% or so. Not 1%
                    And it would be more targeted to specific genomes. What good is a bioweapon that can infect everyone equally?
                    But if it's a test run for something much worse...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What demi will do is explain out how hisposition is plausible, and makes sense in the geopolitical climate where Iran and China are engaged in cold wars.
                      Are you waiting for my permission?

Comment

One thing you could ask is why China freaked out, locked down large swaths of their country, put tens of millions under quarantine, risking annihilating their economy, and obviously fudging data and covertly cremating bodies for something they thought was no worse than the flu?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          One thing you could ask is why China freaked out, locked down large swaths of their country, put tens of millions under quarantine, risking annihilating their economy, and obviously fudging data and covertly cremating bodies for something they thought was no worse than the flu?
                          Sounds like over-reaction to me. At first it was local, something smaller perhaps to be privately contained like MERS or SARS. Then it spilled out of their borders and suddenly China is in the limelight in a bad way, and they do what other huge dictatorial countries - who are fond of their image - inevitably do; They cover up and fudge things.

As for risking annihilating their economy, one could ask the same thing about the CDC and their irresponsible statement that sent the market into a minor crash.

Comment

Sounds like over-reaction to me. At first it was local, something smaller perhaps to be privately contained like MERS or SARS. Then it spilled out of their borders and suddenly China is in the limelight in a bad way, and they do what other huge dictatorial countries - who are fond of their image - inevitably do; They cover up and fudge things.

As for risking annihilating their economy, one could ask the same thing about the CDC and their irresponsible statement that sent the market into a minor crash.
                            I hear you, only I don't think your comparison to CDC is the same at all in terms of economic consequences. CDC fear rhetoric just sounds like typical government opportunism to protect their funding. Saying something that rattles a bubble market is nothing the Fed can't fix. In fact, the Fed just HINTING on Friday they'd intervene if necessary sometimes is all it takes. Notice how the Dow and S&P has recovered somewhat just off that alone (our bubble economy is such a joke -- but that's beside the point). In contrast to China, their abrupt lock down and quarantine actions has much more long-term negative affects on their manufacturing base, something their economy wholly relies on.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              In contrast to China, their abrupt lock down and quarantine actions has much more long-term negative affects on their manufacturing base, something their economy wholly relies on.
                              Basically this. What China did will probably plunge the whole world into recession, CDC announcement caused a minor blip which was followed by 'buy the dip'.

Comment

At some point demi was considering hypothesis that it was bioweapon of China from known BSL 4 lab in Wuhan, given that 'wet market' theory has been rejected. But the amount of harm self-incurred by China too much, together with the extent in Iran.

Comment