Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Test, Don't Tell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I am not asking you to prove it, I am asking you to argue for it convincingly, or to argue why the natural explanation I gave is inadequate. Either you're able to do that, or you're not. There's no shame in admitting the latter.
    What demi will do is explain out how hisposition is plausible, and makes sense in the geopolitical climate where Iran and China are engaged in cold wars.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well if it is a bioweapon, it is a pretty sucky one.

A real bioweapon would kill a lot more people, like 80% or so. Not 1%
    And it would be more targeted to specific genomes. What good is a bioweapon that can infect everyone equally?

3. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Someone who doesn't rely on Fake News.
    And what is your Real News source? (Something to do with confirmation bias, I suspect.)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Well if it is a bioweapon, it is a pretty sucky one.

A real bioweapon would kill a lot more people, like 80% or so. Not 1%
    And it would be more targeted to specific genomes. What good is a bioweapon that can infect everyone equally?
    But if it's a test run for something much worse...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    What demi will do is explain out how hisposition is plausible, and makes sense in the geopolitical climate where Iran and China are engaged in cold wars.
    Are you waiting for my permission?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One thing you could ask is why China freaked out, locked down large swaths of their country, put tens of millions under quarantine, risking annihilating their economy, and obviously fudging data and covertly cremating bodies for something they thought was no worse than the flu?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    One thing you could ask is why China freaked out, locked down large swaths of their country, put tens of millions under quarantine, risking annihilating their economy, and obviously fudging data and covertly cremating bodies for something they thought was no worse than the flu?
    Sounds like over-reaction to me. At first it was local, something smaller perhaps to be privately contained like MERS or SARS. Then it spilled out of their borders and suddenly China is in the limelight in a bad way, and they do what other huge dictatorial countries - who are fond of their image - inevitably do; They cover up and fudge things.

As for risking annihilating their economy, one could ask the same thing about the CDC and their irresponsible statement that sent the market into a minor crash.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Sounds like over-reaction to me. At first it was local, something smaller perhaps to be privately contained like MERS or SARS. Then it spilled out of their borders and suddenly China is in the limelight in a bad way, and they do what other huge dictatorial countries - who are fond of their image - inevitably do; They cover up and fudge things.

As for risking annihilating their economy, one could ask the same thing about the CDC and their irresponsible statement that sent the market into a minor crash.
    I hear you, only I don't think your comparison to CDC is the same at all in terms of economic consequences. CDC fear rhetoric just sounds like typical government opportunism to protect their funding. Saying something that rattles a bubble market is nothing the Fed can't fix. In fact, the Fed just HINTING on Friday they'd intervene if necessary sometimes is all it takes. Notice how the Dow and S&P has recovered somewhat just off that alone (our bubble economy is such a joke -- but that's beside the point). In contrast to China, their abrupt lock down and quarantine actions has much more long-term negative affects on their manufacturing base, something their economy wholly relies on.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    In contrast to China, their abrupt lock down and quarantine actions has much more long-term negative affects on their manufacturing base, something their economy wholly relies on.
    Basically this. What China did will probably plunge the whole world into recession, CDC announcement caused a minor blip which was followed by 'buy the dip'.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    At some point demi was considering hypothesis that it was bioweapon of China from known BSL 4 lab in Wuhan, given that 'wet market' theory has been rejected. But the amount of harm self-incurred by China too much, together with the extent in Iran.