Doing Home Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Home Church

My wife and I have found ourselves between churches again. I am scheduled for surgery in a couple months and then we are planning to move. The distance we are moving and we only have a general area we're planning to move into, makes going there now and joining a church unrealistic. So we are home churching ourselves for I would say is at least the next six months.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to make it work?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Is it just you and your wife? I'd suggest finding some other people to join you. If that's not feasible, I'd recommend you find a good church who broadcasts or podcasts their services and listen to that together, and then the two of you discuss it afterwards.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

My husband, son and I have been home churching for 7 years. There are no churches in our area that teach sound doctrine and so we are content to stay within our home.

We sing hymns together for 30-45 minutes, then we watch an archived sermon by "our" pastor, then we watch the livestream of that Sunday morning service.

We usually watch another archived sermon in the evening, and once a month my husband leads us in communion.

We usually start at about 9 am and are finished for the morning usually at about 1 pm.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        My husband, son and I have been home churching for 7 years. There are no churches in our area that teach sound doctrine and so we are content to stay within our home.

We sing hymns together for 30-45 minutes, then we watch an archived sermon by "our" pastor, then we watch the livestream of that Sunday morning service.

We usually watch another archived sermon in the evening, and once a month my husband leads us in communion.

We usually start at about 9 am and are finished for the morning usually at about 1 pm.
        What church are you watching, if you don't mind me asking?
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          What church are you watching, if you don't mind me asking?
          Grace Community. Yes, it's John MacArthur.

We've been listening to him for 40 years and it was natural to us to livestream the services. Wonderful music, hymns that glorify God and not the people singing them, and wonderful expounding on God's word.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment