Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Allergies to Toner

  1. #1
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Amen (Given)
    142
    Amen (Received)
    172

    Allergies to Toner

    I found out that I am allergic to the toner in my printer.

    Have any of you heard of this?

    Is there a safe toner?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,944
    Amen (Given)
    5502
    Amen (Received)
    23678
    Weird. Are you allergic to all toner or just your particular brand?

    You can always get an inkjet printer.

  3. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Amen (Given)
    142
    Amen (Received)
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Weird. Are you allergic to all toner or just your particular brand?
    I'm not sure.

    I found out I was allergic to printer's ink and thought maybe I couldn't read books anymore, but my allergist say the ink in old book would disaapate overtime and I need not stop reading books. I know I am allergic to the ink in newspapers, so that is what I asked the question.

    She did say however, this is not true when I print documents from my computer. She said I needed to let them dry and and air out before reading them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

    You can always get an inkjet printer.
    I have an inkjet printer.

    See this article:

    https://www.debralynndadd.com/q-a/le...r-printer-ink/

  4. #4
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,745
    Amen (Given)
    735
    Amen (Received)
    1004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    I'm not sure.

    I found out I was allergic to printer's ink and thought maybe I couldn't read books anymore, but my allergist say the ink in old book would disaapate overtime and I need not stop reading books. I know I am allergic to the ink in newspapers, so that is what I asked the question.

    She did say however, this is not true when I print documents from my computer. She said I needed to let them dry and and air out before reading them.




    I have an inkjet printer.

    See this article:

    https://www.debralynndadd.com/q-a/le...r-printer-ink/
    Inkjet printers don't use toner.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  5. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
  6. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Amen (Given)
    142
    Amen (Received)
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Inkjet printers don't use toner.
    My mistake. I found out I am allergic to ink (I thought the ink was called toner).

  7. #6
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,745
    Amen (Given)
    735
    Amen (Received)
    1004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    My mistake. I found out I am allergic to ink (I thought the ink was called toner).
    Then you should use a laser printer. They use a dry powder (toner) that is not wet when it comes out of the printer. It comes in cartridges and you're never exposed to it until it's already fused to the paper. With printers that use liquid ink such as inkjet and the extinct dot matrix printers, the pages can sometimes still be damp when the printer spits them out.

    If you're mostly printing text, I find that my laser printer is superior to an inkjet printer in clarity. If you need to print photos, an inkjet printer is probably best if quality is important. If your reaction is severe, I'd recommend either having someone else print for you, or if quality isn't a top priority, using a colour laser printer.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  8. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
  9. #7
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,944
    Amen (Given)
    5502
    Amen (Received)
    23678
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    I'm not sure.

    I found out I was allergic to printer's ink and thought maybe I couldn't read books anymore, but my allergist say the ink in old book would disaapate overtime and I need not stop reading books. I know I am allergic to the ink in newspapers, so that is what I asked the question.

    She did say however, this is not true when I print documents from my computer. She said I needed to let them dry and and air out before reading them.




    I have an inkjet printer.

    See this article:

    https://www.debralynndadd.com/q-a/le...r-printer-ink/
    ok then you should have said you are allergic to INK, not TONER. Toner is the powder used in Laser printers. Are you allergic to that? If not, you should get a laser printer.

  10. Amen QuantaFille amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •