Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Top Museums announced!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Museums announced!!!

Our nations top religious museums have been announced by a USA Today poll.

Ken Ham has taken his rightful place as a major supporter of science. Ham is tied to the top 2 religious museums, the Ark Park and Creation museum.

Perhaps it is fitting that a real American is edging out that Brit, James Smithson as a patron of science.

For most of the nation, it is easier to get to the museums in Kentucky than to hazard the traffic in DC to visit the Smithsonian museums.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/enterta...-museums-in-us

Edit: note that this OP is devoid of any question marks, to avoid needlessly triggering posters.

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    Our nations top religious museums have been announced by a USA Today poll.

Ken Ham has taken his rightful place as a major supporter of science. Ham is tied to the top 2 religious museums, the Ark Park and Creation museum.

Perhaps it is fitting that a real American is edging out that Brit, James Smithson as a patron of science.

For most of the nation, it is easier to get to the museums in Kentucky than to hazard the traffic in DC to visit the Smithsonian museums.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/enterta...-museums-in-us

Edit: note that this OP is devoid of any question marks, to avoid needlessly triggering posters.
    Real American? Who? Are you referring to Ken Ham? Sorry, but it's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic, and when you're being stupid.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
      Real American? Who? Are you referring to Ken Ham? Sorry, but it's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic, and when you're being stupid.

Why limit him to one or the other?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        00000000000000ars3.gif

I wanna give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows that Ham is an Aussie (anyone hearing him speak will pick up on it real quickly), but...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Blue staff:
          Sorry, but it's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic, and when you're being stupid.
          Red staff:
          Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Green staff:
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I wanna give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows that Ham is an Aussie (anyone hearing him speak will pick up on it real quickly), but...
          It's a troll rainbow!

I want to give Ken Ham the benefit of the doubt, and assume he's in it for the money, because the alternatives are so much worse. And because, honestly, I'm kinda fond of Christians, and I'd rather not let bad examples color my perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            Blue staff:

Red staff:

Green staff:

It's a troll rainbow!

I want to give Ken Ham the benefit of the doubt, and assume he's in it for the money, because the alternatives are so much worse. And because, honestly, I'm kinda fond of Christians, and I'd rather not let bad examples color my perceptions.
            Aw! Your defending of Simplicio is so sweet.

Comment

Blue staff:

Red staff:

Green staff:

It's a troll rainbow!

I've pointed out before (but haven't gone into detail) that even a number of his fellow YECs have said that since Ham gained control over AnswersinGenesis that he has turned it away from being a ministry and into a fundraising machine and others have accused him of engaging in "deceptive conduct" and engaging in "ungodly" behavior.

In short, I think Ham is a grifter.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I couldn't get past "major supporter of science."
                "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                  I couldn't get past "major supporter of science."
                  Welcome to Juvie's troll club.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                    Ken Ham has taken his rightful place as a major supporter of science.
                    "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

There is no need to deal with traffic to visit the Smithsonian. The Metro will get you right there

Ham did strategically place his museum to be within driving distance of the greatest number of people though IIRC.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I've pointed out before (but haven't gone into detail) that even a number of his fellow YECs have said that since Ham gained control over AnswersinGenesis that he has turned it away from being a ministry and into a fundraising machine and others have accused him of engaging in "deceptive conduct" and engaging in "ungodly" behavior.

In short, I think Ham is a grifter.
                        Not that I'm familiar with any of his fellow YECs' particulars, I'd agree the museums are deceptive conduct. No argument there. But I haven't followed Ham for years because there was never anything new there. There's only so many ways to say, "No, I wasn't there, but these rocks were ..." before the novelty wears off.

But I hadn't dished on any ungodly behavior.

Please, tell me it's a bad hairpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          There is no need to deal with traffic to visit the Smithsonian. The Metro will get you right there

Ham did strategically place his museum to be within driving distance of the greatest number of people though IIRC.
                          It was also somewhere that he could bamboozle local governments into giving him tax breaks as well as a few questionable deals.

Comment

Not that I'm familiar with any of his fellow YECs' particulars, I'd agree the museums are deceptive conduct. No argument there. But I haven't followed Ham for years because there was never anything new there. There's only so many ways to say, "No, I wasn't there, but these rocks were ..." before the novelty wears off.

But I hadn't dished on any ungodly behavior.

Please, tell me it's a bad hairpiece.
                            Apparently not. He often keeps it cut quite short which is hard to do with a rug. He's even posted about getting a special "cape" to wear from his hairdresser while getting a haircut so he can use his cell phone

I wrote quite extensively about Ham and his reputation for a thread over at CARM a few years ago (it was in response to a particular noxious poster who referred to him as "Lord Ken Ham") which is now lost after their recent crash. I'll see if I can find my notes on it.

Comment

Apparently not. He often keeps it cut quite short which is hard to do with a rug. He's even posted about getting a special "cape" to wear from his hairdresser while getting a haircut so he can use his cell phone

I wrote quite extensively about Ham and his reputation for a thread over at CARM a few years ago (it was in response to a particular noxious poster who referred to him as "Lord Ken Ham") which is now lost after their recent crash. I'll see if I can find my notes on it.
                              Found some of them. I'll post something based upon them in the next couple of days.

Comment