Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to talk about video games or whatever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The original Dragon Quest was the last video game I loaded into my PC. Had so many glitches that I gave up playing even before finishing the first section.
    Strange. I got it on nes. I helped my dad clean out his storage and I got a whole bunch of retro games.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Not a fan of playing games with a keyboard. All the games I play on my pc I use my mouse.
      Unfortunately there are often just a few too many inputs for just mouse play unless you have one of those that has way more than two buttons. Like somewhere between 8-16 depending on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I was wondering if anyone wanted to just chill for a bit. Talk about games or whatever.
        I made one.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          Cool. I will see if I can look at it later. I am really tired.
          sigpic

Comment

Yuh. Thumbs, fingers, neck, hips, back, and I think some ribs from an injury about 6 years ago.

That's what happens when you get old.

"get"?

Ironically, despite breaking more than my share of bones over the years the few places that I have arthritis are in spots that I've never injured.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Strange. I got it on nes. I helped my dad clean out his storage and I got a whole bunch of retro games.
              My bad. It was Dragon Age not Dragon Quest. I was looking forward to having a Mabari Warhound companion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                I always wear socks with my sandals. But not white crew socks, that's just weird. I wear brightly coloured no-show socks, but they don't work because I can still see them through my sandals.
                What about toe socks?

Comment

Sandals can leave some mean blisters so sometimes socks fit just fine.
                  BACON!!!!

I win!!!!

Did you see what I did there? I deftly distracted you with talk about socks, then swooped in with the BACON win!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    "get"?

Ironically, despite breaking more than my share of bones over the years the few places that I have arthritis are in spots that I've never injured.
                    I've never injured my neck or my thumbs, so it's reasonable that arthritis also occurs spontaneously in areas that are injury-free.

My son is getting some, I think, and all my sisters have had various joints replaced, as did my Mom.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      Unfortunately there are often just a few too many inputs for just mouse play unless you have one of those that has way more than two buttons. Like somewhere between 8-16 depending on the game.
                      All the games I have on my pc are ones I can use my mouse on.

Except MelMak's, which needs the controller or the keyboard.

And besides that, his game involves the character jumping over stuff, which I am particularly bad at.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Hey Mel your game sounds interesting from what I have seen from the site. Reminds me a bit of EarthBound. Have you tried putting your stuff on YouTube to get your stuff out there? I haven't played the game obviously but getting feedback from folks and getting your stuff out there would be the best way to see what needs to be worked on and what folks like and dont like about the game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if anyone wanted to just chill for a bit. Talk about games or whatever.
                          I'm addicted to Microsoft's FreeCell, but it ticks me off when I've run out of cards to play and I get a message "good game," when it is never a good game if I don't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                            I'm addicted to Microsoft's FreeCell, but it ticks me off when I've run out of cards to play and I get a message "good game," when it is never a good game if I don't win.
                            Is that solitaire?
                            sigpic

Comment

All the games I have on my pc are ones I can use my mouse on.

Except MelMak's, which needs the controller or the keyboard.

And besides that, his game involves the character jumping over stuff, which I am particularly bad at.
                              I meant for the Final Fantasy games you said you like. Most of those require at least 6-7 buttons on PC depending on the version. There are lots of other games that only require a mouse to play, but Final Fantasy needs you do be able to move your character, alongside accept and cancel buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                I meant for the Final Fantasy games you said you like. Most of those require at least 6-7 buttons on PC depending on the version. There are lots of other games that only require a mouse to play, but Final Fantasy needs you do be able to move your character, alongside accept and cancel buttons.
                                Yeah, never tried those on the pc. Probably won't.

Comment