Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

On socialized medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Mick Jagger elected to come to the US to get almost the same surgery I had instead of depending on England's health system.
    Certainly the US can provide the best medical facilities in the world - but only for the very rich such as Mick Jagger. However, the majority of people do not fall into this category which is why the universal health care system of the rest of the developed world is preferable.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      Certainly the US can provide the best medical facilities in the world - but only for the very rich such as Mick Jagger. However, the majority of people do not fall into this category which is why the universal health care system of the rest of the developed world is preferable.
      "Preferable" only in the sense that substandard care is better than no care.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"Preferable" only in the sense that substandard care is better than no care.
        You mean as per the US where "27.5 million, did not have health insurance at any point during the year. The uninsured rate and number of uninsured increased from 2017 (7.9 percent or 25.6 million)".

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-267.html
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

from a Canadian Citizen about the socialized medicine in his country.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            You mean as per the US where "27.5 million, did not have health insurance at any point during the year. The uninsured rate and number of uninsured increased from 2017 (7.9 percent or 25.6 million)".

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-267.html
            Pulling the usual stupid liberal trick of equating "health insurance" with "healthcare".

Young and healthy people often elect not to get insurance because they don't think they need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Are you saying that folks like Sparko and Mountain Man are as rich as Mick Jagger?

I'll bet that's news to them

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pulling the usual stupid liberal trick of equating "health insurance" with "healthcare".

Young and healthy people often elect not to get insurance because they don't think they need it.
                Pretty much what I did during my twenties and early thirties. Wasn't one of my best decisions.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Are you saying that folks like Sparko and Mountain Man are as rich as Mick Jagger?

You can't always get what you want. But, if you try sometimes you find you get what you need.

Comment

I can't even dance like Mick Jagger.

Comment

I can't even dance like Mick Jagger.
                      Neither can Mick. At least not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        from a Canadian Citizen about the socialized medicine in his country.

Yes. That reminds me of the time my daughter was in labour with our granddaughter. She had booked an epidural, but the baby was almost 3 weeks early and was born on the May long weekend. Because it was a long weekend, there was no one available to administer the epidural, so the labour was really hard.

We were disgusted at the time, but I had forgotten about that particular episode.
                        Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:54 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Neither can Mick. At least not any more.
                          Toni Basil likes him.
                          Last edited by Sparko; 03-09-2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Toni Basil likes him.

Yeah. I caught the reference.

Comment

Pretty much what I did during my twenties and early thirties. Wasn't one of my best decisions.
                              Why do you say that was not one of your best decisions? It was a decision based on monetary considerations.

Comment

Health insurance is often the gateway to the medical system, those without it are effectively given a lesser level of care.

Comment