Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren ends her presidential campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Warren ends her presidential campaign

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/polit...out/index.html

(CNN)Elizabeth Warren is dropping out of the presidential race, a source familiar with her plans tells CNN, following another round of disappointing finishes in primary contests across the country on Super Tuesday.

The Massachusetts senator, who centered her bid on a promise to wipe out corruption in Washington, announced her decision on a staff call Thursday morning.

"I wanted you all to hear it first, and I wanted you to hear it straight from me: Today, I'm suspending our campaign for president," Warren said, according to a person on the call.

She continued, "I know that when we set out, this was not the call you ever wanted to hear. It is not the call I ever wanted to make. But I refuse to let disappointment blind me -- or you -- to what we've accomplished. We didn't reach our goal, but what we have done together -- what you have done -- has made a lasting difference. It's not the scale of the difference we wanted to make, but it matters -- and the changes will have ripples for years to come."
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

She's making an official statement now and has refused to endorse either Biden or Sanders for now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's going to be Biden. I can already feel myself falling asleep.

Comment

Well, it's back the Reservation for her!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          It's going to be Biden. I can already feel myself falling asleep.
          So can Biden!
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If it is Biden you can bet the Hunter-Ukraine thing is going to be a problem for him. It ain't dying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              If it is Biden you can bet the Hunter-Ukraine thing is going to be a problem for him. It ain't dying.
              00000000000000ab000-00aaak.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's the Trump Boomerang Effect. The Democrats tried to tie the albatross of impeachment around Trump's neck, but all they really did was push Joe and Hunter's dirty deals in Ukraine into the public consciousness. If the Democrats had just left it alone then most people would probably have never even heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  That's the Trump Boomerang Effect. The Democrats tried to tie the albatross of impeachment around Trump's neck, but all they really did was push Joe and Hunter's dirty deals in Ukraine into the public consciousness. If the Democrats had just left it alone then most people would probably have never even heard of it.
                  Yeah, he'd be up there on stage by his dad cheering his big victory on "Super Thursday" rather than being MIA. Maybe he could have even helped old Joe remember who was his wife and who was his sister.

Comment

88429749_10212365602814372_7209922240714899456_n.jpg
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/polit...out/index.html

(CNN)Elizabeth Warren is dropping out of the presidential race, a source familiar with her plans tells CNN, following another round of disappointing finishes in primary contests across the country on Super Tuesday.

The Massachusetts senator, who centered her bid on a promise to wipe out corruption in Washington, announced her decision on a staff call Thursday morning.

"I wanted you all to hear it first, and I wanted you to hear it straight from me: Today, I'm suspending our campaign for president," Warren said, according to a person on the call.

She continued, "I know that when we set out, this was not the call you ever wanted to hear. It is not the call I ever wanted to make. But I refuse to let disappointment blind me -- or you -- to what we've accomplished. We didn't reach our goal, but what we have done together -- what you have done -- has made a lasting difference. It's not the scale of the difference we wanted to make, but it matters -- and the changes will have ripples for years to come."
                      Too bad. She was the smartest and most articulate candidate in the whole bunch. So much for the American electorate.

Comment

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...or-issue-2020/

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Too bad. She was the smartest and most articulate candidate in the whole bunch. So much for the American electorate.
                          Right... She refused to answer any questions related to how she was planning to pay for "free" healthcare. Crazy Bernie was at least honest enough to admit that he would raise everybody's taxes sky high. Lyin' Lizzie simply avoided the question. She was also caught flat-footed any time she was challenged on her college debt forgiveness plan which would effectively screw over anybody who had managed their money and worked hard to pay their own way.

But you keep telling yourself how smart and articulate she is.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Right... She refused to answer any questions related to how she was planning to pay for "free" healthcare. Crazy Bernie was at least honest enough to admit that he would raise everybody's taxes sky high. Lyin' Lizzie simply avoided the question. She was also caught flat-footed any time she was challenged on her college debt forgiveness plan which would effectively screw over anybody who had managed their money and worked hard to pay their own way.

But you keep telling yourself how smart and articulate she is.
                              That's because, as usual, you're misinformed, MM. Warren did answer the question a long time ago. Perhaps if you'd pop your head out of that bubble it's in once in a while you'd have known that.

http://www.npr.org/2019/11/01/775339...dicare-for-all

Warren also answered your other question. Those going into debt to pay for college should never have to have gone into such debt. College should not be available only to those born with a silver spoon in their mouths. It should be affordable to everyone that wants it without putting them into ridiculous amounts of debt.
                              Last edited by JimL; 03-06-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment