Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren ends her presidential campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Like I said, so much for the American electorate!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      That's because, as usual, you're misinformed, MM. Warren did answer the question a long time ago. Perhaps if you'd pop your head out of that bubble it's in once in a while you'd have known that.

http://www.npr.org/2019/11/01/775339...dicare-for-all
      That’s an idiotic plan, that will never work.

Warren also answered your other question. Those going into debt to pay for college should never have to have gone into such debt. College should not be available only to those born with a silver spoon in their mouths. It should be affordable to everyone that wants it without putting them into ridiculous amounts of debt.
      I wasn’t born, with a silver spoon in my mouth, yet managed to find a way to pay for my schooling. The reason college tuition has skyrocketed is because of the government backing student loans. With no problems in students defaulting on their loans, with a promise that the taxpayer will back it. Why bother controlling cost?
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-06-2020, 10:46 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Too bad. She was the smartest and most articulate candidate in the whole bunch. So much for the American electorate.
        When she can only get a fifth of the voters in her home state to support her it is obvious that people had, um, reservations about her.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like I said, so much for the American electorate!
          Jim, I live in Connecticut and have known about Lizy for over two decades. She did write some good things in the past, the Two-Income Trap wasn't bad. But all she did this last election cycle was to pander - having a trans child give the final OK on her Secretary of Education? No one, and I mean no one, thought she was authentic in the least - including the Democrat electorate.
          Last edited by seer; 03-06-2020, 11:09 AM.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That's because, as usual, you're misinformed, MM. Warren did answer the question a long time ago. Perhaps if you'd pop your head out of that bubble it's in once in a while you'd have known that.

Warren also answered your other question. Those going into debt to pay for college should never have to have gone into such debt. College should not be available only to those born with a silver spoon in their mouths. It should be affordable to everyone that wants it without putting them into ridiculous amounts of debt.
            College costs skyrocketed after the government 'nationalized' them -- something IIRC Warren supported. Thanks Liz.

But now she wants parents who couldn't afford to send their kids to college, and those who couldn't afford to go to college themselves, shoulder the burden for those who went. How is that fair?

And btw, there are a number of companies out there like McDonald's and WalMart that provide substantial scholarships to employees who are attending college. You can also do a tour in the military and get a scholarship as well. It isn't like there aren't any options.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              College costs skyrocketed after the government 'nationalized' them -- something IIRC Warren supported. Thanks Liz.

But now she wants parents who couldn't afford to send their kids to college, and those who couldn't afford to go to college themselves, shoulder the burden for those who went. How is that fair?

And btw, there are a number of companies out there like McDonald's and WalMart that provide substantial scholarships to employees who are attending college. You can also do a tour in the military and get a scholarship as well. It isn't like there aren't any options.
              Yes, but it’s easier to make it someone else’s job than to take responsibility yourself.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Too bad. She was the smartest and most articulate candidate in the whole bunch. So much for the American electorate.
                Good grief Jim, she was once the front runner in the polls and she could not even win the women in her own state. She is politically an idiot...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post

Boy are you gullible. Her plan is full of vague statements like "We'll keep expenses low by putting cost controls into place" without ever saying exactly what they're planning to do or how it will impact the average citizen. I mean look at this nonsense from someone actually trying to defend her scheme:

"This plan aggressively constrains the price of health care, paying doctors, hospitals and drug companies much less. There would be a lot of adjustment required from hospitals and doctors as their incomes go down."

"A lot of adjustments would be required" ... no kidding! And those "adjustments" would most likely take the form of healthcare rationing and reduced access to treatments and procedures that we currently take for granted. That would quickly get us into Obama's "Maybe you don't get the surgery, maybe you just take a pill instead" territory.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-06-2020, 12:43 PM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Boy are you gullible. Her plan is full of vague statements like "We'll keep expenses low by putting cost controls into place" without ever saying exactly what they're planning to do or how it will impact the average citizen. I mean look at this nonsense from someone actually trying to defend her scheme:

"This plan aggressively constrains the price of health care, paying doctors, hospitals and drug companies much less. There would be a lot of adjustment required from hospitals and doctors as their incomes go down."

"A lot of adjustments would be required" ... no kidding! And those "adjustments" would most likely take the form of healthcare rationing and reduced access to treatments and procedures that we currently take for granted. That would quickly get us into Obama's "Maybe you don't get the surgery, maybe you just take a pill instead" territory.
                    AFAICT, the one time when she did finally get into specifics, saying her "Medicare for All" would cost $20.5 trillion (which economists seemed to think was a lowball estimate), is when her numbers started to drop.

Comment

You mean the Democrat Party electorate, don't you? Amazing how the party of diversity and inclusion is so misogynistic, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        You mean the Democrat Party electorate, don't you? Amazing how the party of diversity and inclusion is so misogynistic, huh?
                        Exactly. It was the loony left that settled on a pick between two old white men, not the American electorate at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Comment

Well, maybe she is pregnant and wasn't allowed to continue...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Well, maybe she is pregnant and wasn't allowed to continue...
                              You should be Siouxed for such a remark. It's probably been many moons since she could get pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                ThatÂ’s an idiotic plan, that will never work.
                                The current plan doesn't work, and you don't really have a clue as to whether Warrens plan would work or not. It's not like, whether Sanders or Warren, they're just going to snap their fingers and get it done. But at least they've done the work, at least, unlike the republicans who couldn't care less, they recognize the problem and intend to do something about it.

I wasnÂ’t born, with a silver spoon in my mouth, yet managed to find a way to pay for my schooling.
                                Well, like everything else about you, Lilpix, that's because you're so special.

The reason college tuition has skyrocketed is because of the government backing student loans. With no problems in students defaulting on their loans, with a promise that the taxpayer will back it. Why bother controlling cost?
                                That's the 30 year old Bennett hypothesis, not a study, and not true. There are many factors involved in the skyrocketing costs, and the same hasn't been shown to be true when it comes to state funding.

Comment