Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Unable to Private Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Private Message

I can't private message - either replying or new message. I do the message and hit send and nothing happens. I only have two messages in my sent folder. Using Windows 10 and Edge if that helps.

Any suggestions?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

We are definitely having issues with pm's "hanging", but they should eventually send. If there seems to taking a long time to send, I usually hit the x where the refresh button is and then do a refresh. And then it seems to take a while for the sent message to show up in the sent folder.

Not sure if that same process will help you. We are really hoping that Leonhard can get things working a bit better around here.

Someone else may have better advice for you than I.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I hope you don't mind, but I moved this thread to the Computer Lab.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've tried the F5 option but it doesn't help. Message never shows up in my sent box even after a couple hours.

Thanks for trying.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I'm hoping Leonhard will see this thread and be able to help you.

Comment

Generally if I refresh the message doesn't get sent. I have to just leave it "hanging" and open a new tab. The after a while I will check my sent folder and if I see the message there, I can close the message tab. I use firefox.

Guys, we apologize for all of the bugs we currently are seeing like hanging messages and posts. This version of vbulletin is on it's last legs and we are trying to patch it up as best as we can and get a new version up. That is why we 'hired' Leonhard. He will be trying to figure out what's going on, but he has a full time job so he can only work a few hours here and there. We appreciate his efforts to help so much!

On posts, generally if it doesn't go through right away, you can just click the X to stop the page and then do a reload. The posts go through but something about the refresh isn't working. On Private messages, as I said, it seems to vary. Leaving the tab open after clicking send and checking the sent folder till you see it seems to be the safest way.

Comment