Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDA Confirms Dangerous Mifeprex Abortion Pill Has Killed 24 Women, Injured Thousands
    By Patrina Mosley

Patrina Mosley is the Director of Life, Culture and Women's Advocacy at Family Research Council. This article appeared on LifeNews.com on April 18, 2019.

The FDA has updated their adverse events reports on Mifeprex, also known as “the abortion pill,” with two additional deaths since December 2018.

The previous report released last year on adverse events of the abortion regimen from 2000-2017 showed 22 deaths. Now, an update to the FDA’s Questions and Answers on Mifeprex states that “As of December 31, 2018, there were reports of 24 deaths of women associated with Mifeprex since the product was approved in September 2000, including two cases of ectopic pregnancy resulting in death; and several cases of severe systemic infection (also called sepsis), including some that were fatal.”

To date, the report now documents nearly 4,200 adverse events, including deaths, hospitalizations and other serious complications.

Just between the years 2012 to 2017, the FDA released a report detailing 1,445 more adverse events from Mifeprex. In total, the number of adverse events from 2000 to 2018 is now 24 deaths, 97 ectopic pregnancies, 1,042 hospitalizations, 599 blood transfusions, and 412 infections (including 69 severe infections), with a total of 4,195 adverse events reported.

https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PV19E03

And it is nearly always fatal to the baby.

Why are you even seemingly trying to defend the Abortion Pill, Simplicio? It, and the Morning After Pill are designed to make abortion so convenient that women will just use them routinely to end pregnancies where they might have second thoughts if they had to undergo a surgical solution. Chemical abortion alternatives encourage more abortions.

Comment

Wasn't a pill made recently to reverse the effects of chemically induced abortion? I would not call that silence on this issue.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        As if anyone here would be willing to debate (let alone comment on) the relative safety of chemical abortions!
        Here's my comment on it:

Something that kills an innocent human being is per definition not safe, so calling chemical abortions "safe" is oxymoronic to the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          Here's my comment on it:

Something that kills an innocent human being is per definition not safe, so calling chemical abortions "safe" is oxymoronic to the extreme.
          ^^^What he said^^^
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

As near as I can tell abortions almost always kill the fetus, that is the intended goal of an abortion after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              Here's my comment on it:

But that isn't the sort of answer that sport wants.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                There is no "safe" route for the baby.
                One in three women will have an abortion in their lifetime. They own the pregnancy and should be free to terminate it within reasonable limits. Resistance is harmful to women, and futile.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  One in three women will have an abortion in their lifetime. They own the pregnancy and should be free to terminate it within reasonable limits. Resistance is harmful to women, and futile.
                  Your callous disregard for the innocent lives of unborn children is noted.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Your callous disregard for the innocent lives of unborn children is noted.
                    Children?

In other words, your pro-life crusade is inconsistent garbage.
                    Last edited by firstfloor; 03-09-2020, 06:32 PM.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      Children?
                      Yes.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        But that isn't the sort of answer that sport wants.
                        And you know that how?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Yes.
                          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

But what about the personhood fairy that sprinkles the newborn with fairy dust? That's how the fetus turns from an inanimate blob into a cute baby, right?

Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-10-2020, 06:04 AM.
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

But what about the personhood fairy that sprinkles the newborn with fairy dust? That's how the fetus turns from an inanimate blob into a cute baby, right?

MM’s thesis is that one third of women kill their children. Why would anyone be so insulting when it is clearly not true?

Comment

Those women are heartbroken when they realize the truth. And I don't think the statistic is that high. What about those who sadly have several abortions?
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Another Christian (note for Sparko: not "a Christian") noted that St Thomas Aquinas argued that prostitution need not be vigorously prosecuted.

Surgical abortions are vigorously opposed, when sanitary surgical practices were adopted, the safety of all surgical or invasive procedures increased. This preceded the lessening abhorrence to abortion in society. Some 20,000 women order online abortion pills, reducing the risks posed by any invasive surgical intervention.

We allow abortions, by law, today. Seems like the argument of St Thomas applies here.

Comment