Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    So we should ignore Roe v. Wade since it was decided by men?
    All future lawmaking and protocols and everything else having to do with abortion should be decided by all women assemblies.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      All future lawmaking and protocols and everything else having to do with abortion should be decided by all women assemblies.
      All laws relating to fathers financially supporting their children should be reviewed and remade by all- male assemblies.

Also, all healthcare and all associated costs for women having abortions should be paid for solely by women. If the fetus is male, women dhould have no say, tye decision to abort or not should be made by a male comittee.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        The fetus typically is considered viable when it is able to survive outside the womb. The age of viability has been designated as between 24 to 28 weeks. Nevertheless, the vast majority of abortions are performed well before this, namely within the first 8 to 12 weeks.

The woman also has rights and considerations as to her own circumstances. This was recognized in the Row v Wade decision, which balanced the rights of the woman with the rights of the fetus and limited abortions to the first trimester - except under certain, limited circumstances.

I have never come across women whose choice to have an abortion was based upon Have you? That is, apart from your anecdotal tales of Hollywood starlets saving their careers.
        You didn't answer the question.

Tell you what, next time you encounter a woman who is grieving over a first trimester miscarriage, cheer her up my telling her that it's no big deal, that all she did was expel a non-viable lump of tissue, and that nothing of any inherent value was lost. It should make her feel better.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          You didn't answer the question.

Tell you what, next time you encounter a woman who is grieving over a first trimester miscarriage, cheer her up my telling her that it's no big deal, that all she did was expel a non-viable lump of tissue, and that nothing of any inherent value was lost. It should make her feel better.
          That might earn him a slap to the face.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

As a male, you are not morally justified in having a superseding opinion in this matter. You are disqualified by your gender. Your business is to listen, and hold your tongue because are not a woman. Your ignorance of the other sex is the source of your moral error.
            Women don't get pregnant by themselves, yet.

Comment

If it's wrong for men to be involved in the process, then why limit it to only future decisions? If it's wrong then we should void decisions made by a bunch of men in the past as well.

And you should know that according to Gallup 74% of American want abortion restricted or outlawed -- not available for any and every reason right up to the moment of birth like the left is now pushing for (see New York, Virginia and other states).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Can I temporarily identify as a woman long enough to participate in this thread?
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• It looks like more women consider themselves pro-life than do men and fewer consider themselves pro-choice than do men.

0000000000000000000000000r1.jpg

0000000000000000000000000r1a.jpg

So maybe ff is onto something. Maybe we should only let the wimmenfolk decide

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Can I temporarily identify as a woman long enough to participate in this thread?

Comment

• Figures there would be pro abortion men. They want the "fun" but not the responsibility. How about not treating women as play toys for their personal pleasure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Figures there would be pro abortion men. They want the "fun" but not the responsibility. How about not treating women as play toys for their personal pleasure?
                        There was a "bro choice" campaign a couple years ago that tried to convince men to support abortion for exactly that reason.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          There was a "bro choice" campaign a couple years ago that tried to convince men to support abortion for exactly that reason.
                          Sick! They may as well admit to being sexist jerks that use people instead of loving them.

Oh, PSA time! If a lady's significant other is threatening to break up with her if she doesn't have an abortion, then he deserves to be broken up with! Well, all the women here likely know that already, but you never know who may be reading this.
                          Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-12-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Sick! They may as well admit to being sexist jerks that use people instead of loving them.

Oh, PSA time! If a lady's significant other is threatening to break up with her if she doesn't have an abortion, then he deserves to be broken up with! Well, all the women here likely know that already, but you never know who may be reading this.
                            A real man supports his children.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              A real man supports his children.
                              A real man would lay his life down to give his wife and children a head start. A good mother would do everything in her power to protect and nurture her children. Abortion is child abuse and may be a factor in abuse of born children. It's a perversion of parenthood.

Comment

A real man would lay his life down to give his wife and children a head start. A good mother would do everything in her power to protect and nurture her children. Abortion is child abuse and may be a factor in abuse of born children. It's a perversion of parenthood.
                                Abortion is not child abuse. By now, you ought to know better than that.

Comment