Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I guess this is your way of admitting that you were yet again talking out of the orifice that you sit on when you tried to imply if not outright declare that actresses have indeed said they've had abortions in order to further their careers was B.S.
    No, I was addressing the issue that, despite your implication to the contrary, it is only a minority of women (including starlets) who take irresponsible approaches to abortion.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      No, I was addressing the issue that, despite your implication to the contrary, it is only a minority of women (including starlets) who take irresponsible approaches to abortion.
      I never said nor implied they were a majority. I was addressing your denial that they existed at all.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I never said nor implied they were a majority. I was addressing your denial that they existed at all.
        I wasn't denying that some women had an irresponsible attitude to abortion, just not the majority. And it seems that we are in agreement about this after all.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Slick View Post
          When it is about pro-abortionists, [u]some[/u[ pro choicers are important to the argument, and the term pro choice applies to that subset; when it is Christianity, some Christians are irrelevant. And it is not at all clear the the term Christians applies to the subset of some Christians.

No need for consistency at all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            You're not making any sense. If a fetus is just a lump of tissue without inherent value (your premise), then how could getting an abortion be in any way irresponsible?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              I wasn't denying that some women had an irresponsible attitude to abortion, just not the majority. And it seems that we are in agreement about this after all.
              Really?
              Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Of course, you did. Like your Hollywood starlets having abortions to save their careers. But, in my experience women are not nearly so cavalier when it comes to abortions.

Looks a lot like a snide denial to me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Really?

Looks a lot like a snide denial to me.
                Well it would look "snide" to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  You're not making any sense. If a fetus is just a lump of tissue without inherent value (your premise),
                  No that’s just your predictable straw-man premise that you are erroneously attributing to me.

then how could getting an abortion be in any way irresponsible?
                  There is a responsible approach to abortion. Although abortion is not a desirable option a woman has the right to choose during the first trimester, when the fetus is not a viable entity, if she has a good reason. “The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study”.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...e-perspectives

Comment

• This is addressed to Christians here:

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    No that’s just your predictable straw-man premise that you are erroneously attributing to me.
                    par for the course.

There is a responsible approach to abortion. Although abortion is not a desirable option a woman has the right to choose during the first trimester, when the fetus is not a viable entity, if she has a good reason. “The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study”.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...e-perspectives
                    The Guttmacher institute is hardly sympathetic to the pro life view. But pro life groups do note the importance of those same points:

lack of resources
                    fincancial constraints
                    partner support

To ignore those points is effectively to fail to address the root causes, so:
                    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Stop the spin crap - 46 years and more than 60 million brutally cruel murders - THAT HAS TO STOP. If you don't think so, you are NOT pro-life and you can take your world loving, death worship elsewhere.
                    Hey, this thread was started over the denial of surgical safety as a precondition for acceptance of abortion. Not a novel point at all. The pill is the ultimate in safety, it avoids the invasive procedures altogether. And if it ever gets perfected, with little to no danger to the woman, then what?

Comment