Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 283

Thread: Does Socialism align with Scripture?

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Faith
    ExChristian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    259
    Amen (Given)
    40
    Amen (Received)
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Sure...



    You said Scripture aligns with socialism then quoted Acts 2 as an example, correct? Well Acts 2 isn't socialism, which is what we have been arguing with you. Do you want to now claim you don't think Acts 2 is socialism?
    Everybody on Theologyweb just wants to fight. I don't want to fight. Believe whatever you want and leave me out of it.

    What a bunch of jerks, You should be ashamed of yourselves.

  2. #22
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,356
    Amen (Given)
    343
    Amen (Received)
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Do you know what socialism is? A system where everybody holds all of their property in common. Whether you like socialism or not, Acts 2:44-45 describes a socialist system.
    I already know that you don't like what Acts 2:44-45 says, and I already told you that I don't care what you think.
    I don't remember where Acts 2 says you are killed or arrested if you don't conform to this 'socialism'

  3. #23
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,888
    Amen (Given)
    5383
    Amen (Received)
    23342
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Everybody on Theologyweb just wants to fight. I don't want to fight. Believe whatever you want and leave me out of it.

    What a bunch of jerks, You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    This is a DEBATE site, dude.

  4. #24
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Faith
    ExChristian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    259
    Amen (Given)
    40
    Amen (Received)
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I don't remember where Acts 2 says you are killed or arrested if you don't conform to this 'socialism'
    Okay Edited by a Moderator. No. It doesn't say you are killed or arrested. Jerk. And neither did I, Edited by a Moderator.

    Moderated By: QuantaFille

    Watch your language.

    ***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

    Last edited by QuantaFille; 03-09-2020 at 05:58 PM.

  5. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,356
    Amen (Given)
    343
    Amen (Received)
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Everybody on Theologyweb just wants to fight. I don't want to fight. Believe whatever you want and leave me out of it.

    What a bunch of jerks, You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    I'm just concerned that people may be accepting a harmful form of government on the false premise that that socialism in any sense matches scripture. Our youth are being taught to accept socialism, even against its destructive history.

    The question that you have not answered is whether you think that Acts 2 endorses governmental forced taking and redistribution of people's property.

  6. #26
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,356
    Amen (Given)
    343
    Amen (Received)
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Okay *&%$#. No. It doesn't say you are killed or arrested. Jerk. And neither did I, *&%$#.
    (Edited out some controversial language -- some language can cause your thread to be removed or edited by moderators)

    why are you angry?

    okay on your idea. at least we understand that scripture is against the government forms of forced socialism.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-09-2020 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Edited out some controversial language

  7. #27
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Everybody on Theologyweb just wants to fight. I don't want to fight. Believe whatever you want and leave me out of it.

    What a bunch of jerks, You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    You come to a discussion and debate board and then get upset because not everyone agrees with you? Really?

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  8. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Faith
    ExChristian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    259
    Amen (Given)
    40
    Amen (Received)
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You come to a discussion and debate board and then get upset because not everyone agrees with you? Really?
    No. I disagree with the way you all mischaracterize what I said and then disagree with what I did NOT say. You should all be ashamed of the way you act. But it seems you have no shame.

  9. #29
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    This is a DEBATE site, dude.
    Yeah, this isn't Twitter or Facebook where you can say something inane and get a couple thousand "likes" just as long as it was politically correct and have any disagreement censored.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  10. #30
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58,151
    Amen (Given)
    1208
    Amen (Received)
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    No. I disagree with the way you all mischaracterize what I said and then disagree with what I did NOT say. You should all be ashamed of the way you act. But it seems you have no shame.
    Kind of ironic coming from someone who started out mischaracterizing what Acts said. And yet you speak of others having no shame. May I suggest perusing Matthew 7:3-5.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •