Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Internet downtime for AT&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet downtime for AT&T

Last night, my internet worked and didn't work.

For 4 hours or longer, I could access much of the internet. However, the sites I wanted to visit did not work -- yahoo.com, theologyweb.com

People were reporting they couldn't access yahoo.com but there was no general problem with yahoo.com, nor was AT&T claiming to have any problems.
    Here's what people were saying at https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/yahoo.com.html

Marlene Mitchell Brown
    Yahoo is still down, as is AT&T.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 12h

Rick Whitmore
    From what I see on facebook, a lot more people are without access than have reported here
    Like · Reply · 1 · 12h

Larry Anter
    Yahoo is still down.
    Like · Reply · 13h

Tina Hoffman
    Orange County CA USA This site can’t be reachedmail.yahoo.com took too long to respond.
    Like · Reply · 13h

It's the zombie apocalypse.

Comment

why is tweb on AT&T's hitlist?

Comment

Did you try calling their Internet support line? I'm not being sarcastic here; I actually work in tech support for an ISP and we deal with trying to narrow these types of things down all the time.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Did you try calling their Internet support line? I'm not being sarcastic here; I actually work in tech support for an ISP and we deal with trying to narrow these types of things down all the time.
          I didn't try. I actually get the internet through another company which uses AT&T communication lines. Word got to the right people.

Next time I will get you to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            It's the zombie apocalypse.
            Only a rehearsal for the real one

Comment

Computer version of the coronavirus
              When I Survey....

Comment