Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus is not a bug, it's a feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    EDITED: That report has been corrected. It was the CITY of San Bernardino group not the county supervisors that voted to close their schools. Somebody got really bad info.
    Offically now...BUSD will close all schools on a weekly basis.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      What about employees slacking off because there's nobody looking over their shoulder?
      I guess they’ll still save money by no longer having to hire that guy to look over peoples shoulders.

Comment

I'm very thankful for the company I work for, which has been quick to encourage people to work from home but also has a robust system in place for allowing staff to work from home.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

We are now forced home schoolers. On the bright side, with all the new stuff My job quarantine proof until further notice. (Pharmacy)
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And her husband has tested positive for idiocy.
            Can we not go there, please.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I hope I can find toilet paper on my way home.
              I was out, added it to my Walmart pick-up order, and the nice young lady packed it into my trunk. 12 quad-rolls, as usual, cause that's what fits under my bathroom sink. Gtg, for a year or so, again.

Is this TP shortage an actual thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                I was out, added it to my Walmart pick-up order, and the nice young lady packed it into my trunk. 12 quad-rolls, as usual, cause that's what fits under my bathroom sink. Gtg, for a year or so, again.

Depends on the store.

I've heard reports from friends and relatives that some stores are out.

I was at a Family Dollar, and their supply seemed fine.

I have enough for a couple of months because I bought a bunch when I had a coupon, with no anticipation of being holed up because of Kung Flu.
                Last edited by NorrinRadd; 03-14-2020, 02:59 AM.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                  I guess they’ll still save money by no longer having to hire that guy to look over peoples shoulders.
                  Employees will be graded more by results rather than how long and hard they work. IOW, it'll matter less if they spend six hours working or eight hours just as long as they get the work done. I can see this resulting in more jobs becoming salaried that were hourly.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The stores around here stock their shelves in the morning and they're empty by noon. I was talking to an employee at Walmart who said that when he rolls out the pallet he generally only has to put half of it out since the customers immediately start grabbing it right off the pallet.

I picked up a 12 pack back in November (like NR I had a coupon -- 25% off) which I just opened yesterday. That usually suffices me for a year as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I believe that the media is a great deal at fault for the panic and outright prejudicial attitudes, against the Chinese, in this particular situation.
                      I don't do TV. No broadcast, no cable. I'm not seeing this. But oh boy is it real!

One of my students on Thursday asked me to ask another student about her feelings. So I did. She was advocating nuking China. I asked her what she knew about horses and barn doors.

She answered that she didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The stores around here stock their shelves in the morning and they're empty by noon. I was talking to an employee at Walmart who said that when he rolls out the pallet he generally only has to put half of it out since the customers immediately start grabbing it right off the pallet.

I picked up a 12 pack back in November (like NR I had a coupon -- 25% off) which I just opened yesterday. That usually suffices me for a year as well.
                        Just got back from Kroger. The place looked like a Soviet supermarket during the Cold War with empty shelves, coolers and freezer units. No milk to be found and the only meat available were hot dogs and a single beef brisket. They didn't even have any canned Spam. And the place was full of shoppers. Usually I like to shop around 6 or 7 AM because there are only a couple customers.

Comment

I stopped by Costco yesterday, and I would guess there were around 200 people waiting in line to checkout. The lines stretched clear across the store, and everybody's shopping carts were piled high. It's insane. I didn't really need anything, so I left. I figure the panic will subside in a week or two, and then things will more or less return to normal.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Apple is temporarily closing its retail stores, but employees will continue to be paid. Good for them.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...o-coronavirus/
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Can we not go there, please.
                              Sure.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Every bit as much as the Johnny Carson TP shortage he is accused of triggering.

The Great Toilet Paper Scare of 1973
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment