Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus is not a bug, it's a feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Right now I am waiting to see if my company will start telling people to work from home. My boss sent out a notice telling us to prepare for it, making sure we have everything we need at home....
    My wife recently got a promotion at Texas A&M, and --- the good news - she got a decent raise. The bad news - she's no longer "non-essential personnel", all of whom have been told not to come into the office next week.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      After all of this is over I'll bet there will be a lot more people telecommuting than there were before.
      Yeah, this is a "proof of concept" for some companies, and will be a trend setter.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My company has been doing work at home for years and increasingly so. I think they feel people socialize less and work more at home, and it may be cheaper, they don't have to air condition a large building for a bunch of employees....
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          My company has been doing work at home for years and increasingly so. I think they feel people socialize less and work more at home, and it may be cheaper, they don't have to air condition a large building for a bunch of employees....
          What about employees slacking off because there's nobody looking over their shoulder?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yeah, this is a "proof of concept" for some companies, and will be a trend setter.
            I don't know how long the telecommute idea will be promoted. There are problems concerning workers comp and general liability insurance when having telecommuters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              What about employees slacking off because there's nobody looking over their shoulder?
              They use something like a keylogger/monitoring software to track activity vs inactivity.
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

They use something like a keylogger/monitoring software to track activity vs inactivity.
                Yeah, and it doesn't take very long to figure out that somebody isn't pulling their weight.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  I don't know how long the telecommute idea will be promoted. There are problems concerning workers comp and general liability insurance when having telecommuters.
                  True, but many companies have already navigated those waters successfully.

On a fun note - one of my wife's employees was ALWAYS coming in late because she "got stuck in traffic" --- this will be fun to watch.

Comment

MelMak still has to go to work at the grocery store. Can't do that from home.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Now I'm thinking of that Simpsons episode where Homer used a drinking bird to repeatedly press the Y key.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Now I'm thinking of that Simpsons episode where Homer used a drinking bird to repeatedly press the Y key.
                        We need that at our company to keep the 15 minute lockout from happening.

Comment

EDITED: That report has been corrected. It was the CITY of San Bernardino group not the county supervisors that voted to close their schools. Somebody got really bad info.
                          Last edited by DesertBerean; 03-13-2020, 06:22 PM.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Hockey night in Canada has shut down completely for now. Ask me if I care.

And the Mrs. PM was feeling poorly so the PM is self-quarentining with her for 2 weeks. Of course, he didn't tell anybody until after all the premiers flew to Ottawa yesterday to discuss some important stuff with him, so when they got there they found out the meeting was cancelled. Our premier flew home again today. Big cost to the taxpayer over that one, let me tell you.
                            Looks like Mrs. Trudeau has tested positive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And her husband has tested positive for idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by CP
                                And her husband has tested positive for idiocy.
                                Yuh!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment