Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus is not a bug, it's a feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a feature!
    Ohio and Texas suspend abortions.

According to the Attorney General's office, "any type of abortion that is not medically necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother" must be suspended. Those in violation will face "penalties of up to $1,000 or 180 days of jail time."

On Sunday evening, Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order "to expand hospital bed capacity as the state responds to the COVID-19 virus." On Monday afternoon, the state's Attorney General, Ken Paxton, clarified that abortion services would need to be suspended as part of that directive.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-g...irus-outbreak/
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      finally, some good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        finally, some good news.
        I hear they'll be suspending childbirth next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
          I hear they'll be suspending childbirth next.
          Nah, that happens with or without a butcher doctor on hand...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            It's also to save on masks, gloves and numerous other supplies.

And how did the left (predictably) act

From the author of a piece in Slate where she calls it "essential preventive care" for the Chicom coronavirus

Meanwhile, on Twitter Planned Parenthood lost it saying "While the Senate stimulus plan provides some much-needed resources for those impacted by #COVID19, the Trump administration and Republican leadership are ONCE AGAIN exploiting a public health crisis to target sexual and reproductive health care" as well as "leadership from the White House to Congress to the states have made it abundantly clear: they’ll continue to cater to anti-abortion extremists while threatening health care access for millions."

So what got their knickers all twisted up? Principally that the attempt to circumvent the Hyde Amendment and allow for the federal (i.e., tax payer) funding of abortions was removed. It's the first thing listed but in their own convoluted way that seems to imply that by not allowing this end run the Hyde Amendment was expanded

This response was pure gold :

Last edited by rogue06; 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM. Reason: fix links

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And how did the left (predictably) act

From the author of a piece in Slate where she calls it "essential preventive care" for the Chicom coronavirus

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43621[/ATTACH]

Meanwhile, on Twitter Planned Parenthood lost it saying "While the Senate stimulus plan provides some much-needed resources for those impacted by #COVID19, the Trump administration and Republican leadership are ONCE AGAIN exploiting a public health crisis to target sexual and reproductive health care" as well as "leadership from the White House to Congress to the states have made it abundantly clear: they’ll continue to cater to anti-abortion extremists while threatening health care access for millions."

So what got their knickers all twisted up? Principally that the attempt to circumvent the Hyde Amendment and allow for the federal (i.e., tax payer) funding of abortions was removed. It's the first thing listed but in their own convoluted way that seems to imply that by not allowing this end run the Hyde Amendment was expanded

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43622[/ATTACH]

This response was pure gold :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43623[/ATTACH]

Aw so sorry abortionists, that they aren't allowing you to kill babies during a pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Because those aren't needed for childbirth.

Comment

• Hey, a little good news, huh?

Our province has had 2 deaths and 27 recoveries as of this morning. One death was a man in his 60's with underlying health issues and the other was an 81 year old woman. Both very tragic, and both quite a few days ago, but yesterday we only had 3 recoveries and today there are 27.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• The marine's wife is in the hospital with an open diabetic ulcer on her foot.

Comment

The women who would be seeking an abortion during the pandemic probably won't give birth until after it's over, when basic PPE will be available again.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                        The women who would be seeking an abortion during the pandemic probably won't give birth until after it's over, when basic PPE will be available again.
                        There are no human pregnancies that last 12 to 18 months.

Comment

The marine's wife is in the hospital with an open diabetic ulcer on her foot.
                          Kenny put a bag together for her, because no visitors are allowed, and Libby gave me a call asking me to run it over. Or something like that. Dilaudid does not promote clear conversations. Not even admitted yet, and they had her dosed up high. Because visitors aren't allowed, parking was easy. Getting in was not.

The emergency entrance was obscured behind an array of tents, like the headquarters for a medieval candy striper crusade. I dropped the bag off at one of the main entrances where a nurse was stationed between the double doors to gently turn visitors away. Not that there was a crush. No one else came through while I was there, a good twenty minutes.

Chatting while waiting for someone to locate someone who could locate Libby and find someone else to come on down and locate the entrance where the bag was waiting, it turns out this young nurse had just graduated, and had actually used Blackboard Collaborate, the tool I'll be using in two days for classes.

She explained that she's had no physical contact with her husband or kids in weeks. Her spaces at home are carefully isolated. When she gets home, she comes in, puts all her clothes into the machine and then heads for a shower, careful to touch nothing she doesn't have to. Then dresses in clean clothes and retraces her steps disinfecting along her back trail.

Kenny is in a state he describes as "holding until relieved." There was a pallet of commercial disinfectant just inside the entrance at the local Home Depot. I'd stopped by for a couple L-brackets to do some repair work and picked some up for them when I saw it, because the kid's at high risk. Yes, I did think about buying the whole pallet. Briefly, and regularly since then. Kenny turned it into an area atomizer to secure the perimeters.

Another year of this, and might even seem routine.

Comment

Which would happen at a regular hospital where they already have the supplies, instead of hoarding the supplies at an abortion clinic.

Comment

There are no human pregnancies that last 12 to 18 months.
                              Is that how long you expect PPE to be in short supply? Or will manufacturers figure out how to produce more before then? Because currently it's hard to find gloves and masks. Production hasn't caught up with demand yet, at least not last time I checked.

On a related note, do you approve of the suspension of elective surgeries?
                              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• It's a feature!
                                Godless leftists getting major fear put into them

Prepare to meet your Maker.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment