Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus is not a bug, it's a feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    My boss just asked us all to make sure our remote access was working. I have a laptop with VPN access, so I could work from home a lot more but I don't really like it.
    What kind of work do ya do?

Comment

I.T. Desktop support
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        Howzabout ya leave my dead mom out of this, Spanky.
        Sorry...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I wish I could work from home!
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

There's no way they would let us work from home. The ramifications for customer account security would be tremendous (phones are not allowed on the floor partially for that reason), on top of the massive logistical issues involved. Working for a Fortune 100 company, I'm just hopeful that they have a financial support plan if it comes down to it.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The phone at the pharmacy won't quit ringing off the hook. I have to buy basic household stuff before other people get to it (because you know 5 people, 1 toilet training 3 year old, toilet paper is essential) and I had to but peroxide because I use it to clean with but the rest of the world wanted it in case everyone bought out the alcohol (which they did) On the flip side I'm thinking about making my own hand sanitizer to auction off on ebay.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Schools closed for three-weeks in Ohio, which my kids are thrilled about. Not sure what's going on at my job since we're an event production company... and everybody is cancelling their events. Company meeting tomorrow.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The second season of the anime Re:Zero, which was to start airing in April, has been delayed to July due to production complications by the coronavirus. While I'm sure that's annoying for a lot of fans, it's actually great for me because I'm currently making my way through the first season and this gives me a lot more time to finish it before the second season comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Schools closed for three-weeks in Ohio, which my kids are thrilled about.
                    They won't be so thrilled to find out that means three weeks of school this summer!
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

And ka-bang, it's Friday the 13th ...

Starting immediately, all classes are canceled for the next two weeks. Which is totally bogus. I'm ready to move online today. I've got my first online office hours scheduled for Saturday. My lectures for next week are prepped.

And no, we don't have the option of extending classes for two weeks to make up for it, either.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                        Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        There's no way they would let us work from home. The ramifications for customer account security would be tremendous (phones are not allowed on the floor partially for that reason), on top of the massive logistical issues involved. Working for a Fortune 100 company, I'm just hopeful that they have a financial support plan if it comes down to it.
                        Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        The phone at the pharmacy won't quit ringing off the hook. I have to buy basic household stuff before other people get to it (because you know 5 people, 1 toilet training 3 year old, toilet paper is essential) and I had to but peroxide because I use it to clean with but the rest of the world wanted it in case everyone bought out the alcohol (which they did) On the flip side I'm thinking about making my own hand sanitizer to auction off on ebay.
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Schools closed for three-weeks in Ohio, which my kids are thrilled about. Not sure what's going on at my job since we're an event production company... and everybody is cancelling their events. Company meeting tomorrow.
                        Whoa, I apologize for making light of the issue, and wish all y'all the best in weathering the storm.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                          Yeah I don't have that option either.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            Just don't fall for that Tito's Vodka and Aloe Vera recipe floating around

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Just don't fall for that Tito's Vodka and Aloe Vera recipe floating around
                              Well if you drink enough Tito's you just won't care about the virus! So it kind if works.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                                Whoa, I apologize for making light of the issue, and wish all y'all the best in weathering the storm.
                                Thank you for the kind words, but I'm not worried.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment