Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    As you wish, Rogue. Never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
    IIRC you're still one that still holds to the collusion delusion

The facts are that Trump did make everything available. I guess there might have been one exception. They wanted him to testify as well but he didn't. Of course if they really wanted him they could have subpoenaed him. Clinton was forced to testify in a case so there's a precedent for it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And the point zooms over your head. In your rush to blame Trump for all your problems,
      Strawman...

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      you seem to have forgotten who gave us this lovely gift
      The virus originated in China, AFAIK. That has little or nothing to do with Trump's mismanagement, so it is another of your infamous tangents.

and the lies that has taken place before, during, and after this whole thing is done by China.
      Yup - China lied and continues to lie. That has little or nothing to do with Trump's mismanagement, so it is another of your infamous tangents.

Don’t worry, you can keep blaming Trump for everything if it makes you feel better.
      Strawman...

I'll leave the last word to you, Pix - this is going to go down another of your endless ratholes, and I have better things to do with my time. I'll respond if you actually say something that addresses a point I've actually made.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        IIRC you're still one that still holds to the collusion delusion
        You don't recall correctly. I don't. I actually never did.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The facts are that Trump did make everything available.
        No. As you yourself noted, he withheld a great deal, answered question vaguely, and the man with the "amazing memory" answered "I don't recall" on the majority of the questions asked (in writing).

I guess there might have been one exception. They wanted him to testify as well but he didn't.
        A wise move on the part of his lawyers. The man cannot speak for more than 3 minutes without uttering a falsehood - so he would have been in big trouble quickly.

Of course if they really wanted him they could have subpoenaed him. Clinton was forced to testify in a case so there's a precedent for it.
        I think it's fairly clear that a subpoena would have been pointless given the number of them he simply ignored.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Strawman...
          “WAAAAAAA!!!! Stop it, you’re not letting me blame Trump for all my problems.”

Still ignoring all the lies and what others were saying, for months. Do you not remember the WHO saying the China Flu didn’t spread human to human? Do you not remember all the people saying it was racist to stop air travel, from China? Do you not remember all the talking heads not taking this serious, for several months?

Of course not because you want to blame it all on Trump than try to claim that MM and I are liars for pointing out your own words when you said you had no problem suffering, if Trump wasn’t elected. How funny, have we reached the part yet where you disappear only to come back a few months later?

The virus originated in China, AFAIK. That has little or nothing to do with Trump's mismanagement, so it is another of your infamous tangents.
          As I pointed out above, China lied to the entire world about the situation, but you keep blaming Trump for it so you can get your wish for bad things to happen, so Trump will not win re-election. Considering how badly China screwed up and lied to everyone, it’s amazing Trump is doing as good as he is. China lied, people died. Is there a reason you don’t want to admit to that? The CDC could had been working at keep a dangerous virus from arriving by banning air travel and screenings, back in December or earlier. Instead, they were fed flat out lies and told human to human transmission wasn’t happening. Are you hoping that glossing over that detail will make the bad Orange Man, go away?

Yup - China lied and continues to lie. That has little or nothing to do with Trump's mismanagement, so it is another of your infamous tangents.
          Poor Carp, still trying to blame the bad Orange Man, for all his problems. Let’s start here:

How can someone best manage a crisis, when they are being fed false information?
          How could the CDC and the government prepare, without accurate and truthful information?

It’s hardly the tangent you so desperately want, the entire crisis started from being lied to, for months so when the crisis came to a head, they were caught off guard.

I'll leave the last word to you, Pix - this is going to go down another of your endless ratholes, and I have better things to do with my time. I'll respond if you actually say something that addresses a point I've actually made.
          Whatever whiner, have we reached the part where you explode and blame everyone else, for your problems yet? Can’t come soon enough. China lied, people died. Keep making excuses for them.
          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-30-2020, 05:20 PM.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

“WAAAAAAA!!!! Stop it, you’re not letting me blame Trump for all my problems.”

Still ignoring all the lies and what others were saying, for months. Do you not remember the WHO saying the China Flu didn’t spread human to human? Do you not remember all the people saying it was racist to stop air travel, from China? Do you not remember all the talking heads not taking this serious, for several months?

Of course not because you want to blame it all on Trump than try to claim that MM and I are liars for pointing out your own words when you said you had no problem suffering, if Trump wasn’t elected. How funny, have we reached the part yet where you disappear only to come back a few months later?

As I pointed out above, China lied to the entire world about the situation, but you keep blaming Trump for it so you can get your wish for bad things to happen, so Trump will not win re-election. Considering how badly China screwed up and lied to everyone, it’s amazing Trump is doing as good as he is. China lied, people died. Is there a reason you don’t want to admit to that? The CDC could had been working at keep a dangerous virus from arriving by banning air travel and screenings, back in December or earlier. Instead, they were fed flat out lies and told human to human transmission wasn’t happening. Are you hoping that glossing over that detail will make the bad Orange Man, go away?

Poor Carp, still trying to blame the bad Orange Man, for all his problems. Let’s start here:

How can someone best manage a crisis, when they are being fed false information?
            How could the CDC and the government prepare, without accurate and truthful information?

It’s hardly the tangent you so desperately want, the entire crisis started from being lied to, for months so when the crisis came to a head, they were caught off guard.

Whatever whiner, have we reached the part where you explode and blame everyone else, for your problems yet? Can’t come soon enough. China lied, people died. Keep making excuses for them.
            Your obfuscations and tangents are

Be that as it may, you didn't respond to anything I actually said...so I'll leave you to flail away...

Comment

Your obfuscations and tangents are

Be that as it may, you didn't respond to anything I actually said...so I'll leave you to flail away...
              And your inability to admit to the problem, is funny if it wasn’t going to cost lives.

How can someone properly manage a crisis, if they are lied to about the nature of the whole crisis?

Care to answer or whine some more?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And your inability to admit to the problem, is funny if it wasn’t going to cost lives.

How can someone properly manage a crisis, if they are lied to about the nature of the whole crisis?

Care to answer or whine some more?
                Pix - the idea that Mr. Trump is mismanaging the crisis because China lied to him is laughable on its face. Mr. Trump had warnings from his intel through January and February that the Chinese were most likely lying. He had advice from U.S. medical experts that this virus was coming and was going to be bad. He chose to ignore it and tell us "it was going to go to zero" and "we had it all under control." He was pounding this drum as late as 12 days ago. Last week he was bemoaning the impact on the economy and suggesting guidelines would be relaxed by Easter. He has done little to engage the Defense Production Act, and what he HAS done was within the last week. Now he's inferring that medical supplies are being stolen, insulting pretty much anyone who is on the front lines of this epidemic. Yes, he's taken a few good steps, but mostly he has bungled the messaging and the decisions. Even today, comments about the ratings for his briefings are inappropriate at best. His "leadership" mostly sucks.

China's lies and deception do not excuse Trump's bumbling. He sits in the highest office in the land. He has access to intel from around the world. If you seriously think the deception of the Chinese government was unknown to him and excuses his mismanagement, you are more of a sycophant than I thought. Either that or you are truly clueless.

I'll leave you to it. I'm sure you can manage a few more tangents and more of your dizzying "logic" without my assistance. Last word to you.
                Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-30-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Living in the most infected city in the country...possibly the world...and this.

It's possible New Yorkers are just fundamentally stupid!

That certainly would explain Trump...

Comment

Pix - the idea that Mr. Trump is mismanaging the crisis because China lied to him is laughable on its face. Mr. Trump had warnings from his intel through January and February that the Chinese were most likely lying. He had advice from U.S. medical experts that this virus was coming and was going to be bad. He chose to ignore it and tell us "it was going to go to zero" and "we had it all under control." He was pounding this drum as late as 12 days ago. Last week he was bemoaning the impact on the economy and suggesting guidelines would be relaxed by Easter. He has done little to engage the Defense Production Act, and what he HAS done was within the last week. Now he's inferring that medical supplies are being stolen, insulting pretty much anyone who is on the front lines of this epidemic. Yes, he's taken a few good steps, but mostly he has bungled the messaging and the decisions. Even today, comments about the ratings for his briefings are inappropriate at best. His "leadership" mostly sucks.

China's lies and deception do not excuse Trump's bumbling. He sits in the highest office in the land. He has access to intel from around the world. If you seriously think the deception of the Chinese government was unknown to him and excuses his mismanagement, you are more of a sycophant than I thought. Either that or you are truly clueless.

I'll leave you to it. I'm sure you can manage a few more tangents and more of your dizzying "logic" without my assistance. Last word to you.
                    Let me help you here so you can keep up...

If someone tells you that X is happening, but really Y is happening, can you be faulted because you didn’t prepare for Y?

I know you’re desperate to blame Trump because you want this crisis to destroy his re-election chances, but it’s impossible to properly prepare when your health experts are lied to and not told the truth.

Since you think this is ‘laughable’ please explain how being given bad information will not lead to faulty conclusions. I can wait or will this be ‘your last word’ too because did intelligence know what was truth and wasn’t? Knowing you’re being lied to and knowing what the truth is, is two different things, you do understand that, don’t you?

Fact is, China spread false information and had a massive disinformation campaign going. They destroyed lab samples, hid evidence, made whistleblowers disappear, and did everything they could to mislead the world. It seemed to have done well since lots of countries were caught off guard, yet I’m sure you won’t be blaming their leaders for it because you can’t use that to blame Trump. It’s only a ‘tangent’ because you can’t refute A word of it and know it.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-30-2020, 06:36 PM.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Living in the most infected city in the country...possibly the world...and this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016...on_in_New_York
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Let me help you here so you can keep up...

If someone tells you that X is happening, but really Y is happening, can you be faulted because you didn’t prepare for Y?

I know you’re desperate to blame Trump because you want this crisis to destroy his re-election chances, but it’s impossible to properly prepare when your health experts are lied to and not told the truth.

Since you think this is ‘laughable’ please explain how being given bad information will not lead to faulty conclusions. I can wait or will this be ‘your last word’ too because did intelligence know what was truth and wasn’t? Knowing you’re being lied to and knowing what the truth is, is two different things, you do understand that, don’t you?

Fact is, China spread false information and had a massive disinformation campaign going. They destroyed lab samples, hid evidence, made whistleblowers disappear, and did everything they could to mislead the world. It seemed to have done well since lots of countries were caught off guard, yet I’m sure you won’t be blaming their leaders for it because you can’t use that to blame Trump. It’s only a ‘tangent’ because you can’t refute A word of it and know it.
                        Hey, retardo.

Trump has the world's best intelligence agency at his fingertips, you think they didn't know what was happening in China around this virus, you think they didn't bother telling him? Pull the other one it has bells on.

What Carpe wants, and many others do too, is a non-retard in power in the US, so that these kinds of things don't happen. You keep defending this retard, his bumbling action, his bald-faced lies and his failures because you don't want him to lose power. Meanwhile it is your terrible ideology that got us here, following decades of anti-goverment hype, cuts and general destructive behavior.

He failed, he ought to be fired for that failure. You can cry about it, whine about it, we don't care, the fool has to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
                          Hey, retardo.

Trump has the world's best intelligence agency at his fingertips, you think they didn't know what was happening in China around this virus, you think they didn't bother telling him? Pull the other one it has bells on.

What Carpe wants, and many others do too, is a non-retard in power in the US, so that these kinds of things don't happen. You keep defending this retard, his bumbling action, his bald-faced lies and his failures because you don't want him to lose power. Meanwhile it is your terrible ideology that got us here, following decades of anti-goverment hype, cuts and general destructive behavior.

He failed, he ought to be fired for that failure. You can cry about it, whine about it, we don't care, the fool has to go.
                          El Stupido,

So did Bush, how well did that turn out about the whole WMD thing?

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but:

- intelligence agencies have been wrong.
                          - knowing someone is lying and know what they are lying about, is two different things.

Come back when you can deal with these points because history is filled with mismanaged crisis, no matter what that letter at the end of their name is.
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-30-2020, 07:05 PM.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

El Stupido,

So did Bush, how well did that turn out about the whole WMD thing?

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but:

- intelligence agencies have been wrong.
                            - knowing someone is lying and know what they are lying about, is two different things.

Come back when you can deal with these points because history is filled with mismanaged crisis, no matter what that letter at the end of their name is.
                            Huh?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-3?r=US&IR=T

Again, this is also about the ideology that got us to this point, we weren't prepared because the kind of preparations required can't work under a small government that is isolationist. That's the deeper problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
                              Huh?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-3?r=US&IR=T

Again, this is also about the ideology that got us to this point, we weren't prepared because the kind of preparations required can't work under a small government that is isolationist. That's the deeper problem.
                              El Stupido,

You claim:

“Intelligence agencies should have known!”

Yet, we know they have been wrong before.

Second, Did the exercises take into account a country lying for months on end about what was happening?

Finally, knowing you’re being lied to and knowing what is being lied about, is two different things. You do grasp that, don’t you?

Keep going
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Living in the most infected city in the country...possibly the world...and this.

It's not just New Yorkers, maybe just republicans, yuk yuk, but seriously its just people. Up until this week, the beaches of Florida were open to the public and they were packed, and not only with spring breakers.

I'm not sure stupid is the right term, but then again I can't think of the one that would be more apropos.

Comment