Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    We know something is severely wrong when our media and politicians are trying to take political stands when there is a potential pandemic at hand. Hopefully, the people will rise above petty issues.
    The focus of CNN's coverage has been trying to bash Trump at every opportunity. A study by the Media Research Center revealed that roughly 60% of those being interviewed were urged to criticize Trump (that doesn't include CNN reporters and analysts so the percentage is likely higher).

To give you an idea just how bad it is House Minority Whip Debbie Dingell (D-MI) chastised Poppy Harlow who anchors CNN Newsroom for her attempts to inject politics into the topic. After attempting to get her to criticize the selection of Vice President Mike Pence to head the coronavirus task force an exacerbated Dingell replied:

"You know what? I don’t think this is a time to take shots... Taking cheap shots at people right now is not the thing to do."

Now anyone who knows anything about Dingell realizes that she has never shied away from making gratuitous low blows in the past so when she tells them that they're taking "cheap shots" that is really something.

It's about as likely as Adam Schiff admitting he lied about having a mountain of evidence showing that Trump colluded with Putin during the 2016 election.

It's about as likely as Bill Clinton keeping it in his pants.

And yet, there it was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think it was a CNN commentator who following Trump's announcement of drive-thru testing suggested that Trump hates people who don't have cars.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        Fixed.
        It id not go over anyone's head. Your response simply was meaningless.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          The people are panic buying toilet paper. The social decline compared to a hundred years ago is obvious, and probably unstoppable.
          This thread in not about the fools buying cases of TP and Paper towels.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The focus of CNN's coverage has been trying to bash Trump at every opportunity. A study by the Media Research Center revealed that roughly 60% of those being interviewed were urged to criticize Trump (that doesn't include CNN reporters and analysts so the percentage is likely higher).

To give you an idea just how bad it is House Minority Whip Debbie Dingell (D-MI) chastised Poppy Harlow who anchors CNN Newsroom for her attempts to inject politics into the topic. After attempting to get her to criticize the selection of Vice President Mike Pence to head the coronavirus task force an exacerbated Dingell replied:

"You know what? I don’t think this is a time to take shots... Taking cheap shots at people right now is not the thing to do."

Now anyone who knows anything about Dingell realizes that she has never shied away from making gratuitous low blows in the past so when she tells them that they're taking "cheap shots" that is really something.

It's about as likely as Adam Schiff admitting he lied about having a mountain of evidence showing that Trump colluded with Putin during the 2016 election.

It's about as likely as Bill Clinton keeping it in his pants.

And yet, there it was.
            Manure shotgun strategy that does not address the topic.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Manure shotgun strategy that does not address the topic.
              Maybe you should be addressing all of those that directly addressed it rather than ignoring them and whining instead.

Just sayin.'

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Russkies are building a special hospital.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The White House announced that Trump has tested negative for coronavirus.

Comment

Maybe you should be addressing all of those that directly addressed it rather than ignoring them and whining instead.

Just sayin.'
                    What are you trying to achieve? I see a whole lot of blaming others for the failure of this administration to take the threat seriously. Until recently the line was there was nothing to worry about. That wasn't true. We know that is not true.

It was the democrats mocking him, really? really, is that the best defense you can muster?

Here is what a top health professional said about the US's preparations:

"The system is not really geared to what we need right now -- what you are asking for. This is a failing. It is a failing. Let’s admit it," Anthony Fauci, director of the NIH National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said. "The idea of anybody getting it easily the way people in other countries are doing it, we’re not set up for that. Do I think we should be? Yes. But we’re not."

Here is what Trump has been saying: "Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is,” with additional bull being spouted a few days later, “Frankly, the testing has been going very smooth.” He added: “We have heavily tested.”

Now, even if the virus is less deadly than projected, which is not looking likely at this stage, being prepared for the worst in the face of an extremely uncertain threat would have been prudent. Instead, a nothingburger was served, for which people will die.

Comment

Liberals everywhere shake their fists in impotent rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Liberals everywhere shake their fists in impotent rage.
                        The average age of a Fox News watcher is 67. They tend to be men. The group most likely to die or be hospitalised to the virus.
                        Last edited by Zara; 03-14-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Just sayin.'
                          It is your whining we have to deal with, and avoiding the subject of the thread.

Frank

Comment

Good news.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              It is your whining we have to deal with, and avoiding the subject of the thread.
                              So then, why have you chosen to ignore any and all posts that directly address your O.P.? Inability? Unwillingness? Both?

Comment

Joe Biden's coronavirus "expert" thinks 75 is a good age to die.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...o-die-n2564956

Comment