Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 852

Thread: Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

  1. #1
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,285
    Amen (Given)
    1857
    Amen (Received)
    1101

    Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

    Donald Trump's record on the Coronavirus.

    (1) Trump reduced the funding of the health agencies that would be involved with this type of disaster, and proposed 10% each of the next two years/.
    (2) In 2018 he disbanded the Pandemic Department.
    (3) He repeatedly minimized and ridiculed the Coronavirus and said it would go away 'quickly.' Sounds like the original Chinese response.
    (4} He held a campaign rally and exposed many including himself and the Mayor of Miami to the virus. The Mayor and others have the virus and he has so far refused to be tested.
    (5) He has constantly over estimated the testing available to the public.

    . . . and worse.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-13-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  2. #2
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,273
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    585
    Meanwhile, the UK: we can't stop it, so let's have it infect everyone.

    Ditto Germany, also Japan. It's not actually that serious.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

  3. #3
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,285
    Amen (Given)
    1857
    Amen (Received)
    1101
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Meanwhile, the UK: we can't stop it, so let's have it infect everyone.

    Ditto Germany, also Japan. It's not actually that serious.
    Failure to respond coherently. The Three Stooges: Duck Bb and Weave.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  4. #4
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,605
    Amen (Given)
    1255
    Amen (Received)
    22468
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Failure to respond coherently. The Three Stooges: Duck Bb and Weave.
    "Bb" was always my favorite Stooge

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  5. #5
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,436
    Amen (Given)
    6713
    Amen (Received)
    8385
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Donald Trump's record on the Coronavirus.

    (1) Trump reduced the funding of the health agencies that would be involved with this type of disaster, and proposed 10% each of the next two years/.
    (2) In 2018 he disbanded the Pandemic Department.
    This is false as shown by Breitbart and the Associated Press.

    https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...or-defund-cdc/

    https://apnews.com/d36d6c4de29f4d04beda3db00cb46104

    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    (3) He repeatedly minimized and ridiculed the Coronavirus and said it would go away 'quickly.' Sounds like the original Chinese response.
    (4} He held a campaign rally and exposed many including himself and the Mayor of Miami to the virus. The Mayor and others have the virus and he has so far refused to be tested.
    (5) He has constantly over estimated the testing available to the public.

    . . . and worse.
    As for these, the President's goal has always been to reassure the public and minimize panic. On the subject of campaign rallies, every major candidate was holding them, not just Trump. In fact, Crazy Bernie drew a crowd of 15,000 to downtown Chicago just a couple of weeks ago, but of course, liberals only had criticism for Trump. The test kit shortage is because the CDC rejected kits from foreign sources because of a high rate of false negatives. Domestic production was ramped up many weeks ago.

    But, sure, go ahead with the false and misleading anti-Trump narrative. That will fix everything.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. Amen Christian3, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  7. #6
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,152
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    500
    Yes, where’s the deep state when you need it?
    In the bin.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  8. #7
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,693
    Amen (Given)
    2373
    Amen (Received)
    1817
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The associated press and PBS: Trump disbanded the Pandemic response team.
    http://apnews.com/ce14d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics...ndemics-office

    As for these, the President's goal has always been to reassure the public and minimize panic. On the subject of campaign rallies, every major candidate was holding them, not just Trump. In fact, Crazy Bernie drew a crowd of 15,000 to downtown Chicago just a couple of weeks ago, but of course, liberals only had criticism for Trump. The test kit shortage is because the CDC rejected kits from foreign sources because of a high rate of false negatives. Domestic production was ramped up many weeks ago.
    The CDC's own tests kits which didn't come out until weeks after rejecting the WHO test kits, for which no explanation was given, were defective.
    But, sure, go ahead with the false and misleading anti-Trump narrative. That will fix everything.
    You don't reassure the public by lying, you give the facts and explain whats being done and needs be done. Something they are finally trying to do a better job at.
    Last edited by JimL; 03-14-2020 at 10:42 AM.

  9. #8
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,273
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Your point went WHOOOOOSH over my head
    Fixed.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

  10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  11. #9
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,436
    Amen (Given)
    6713
    Amen (Received)
    8385
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The associated press and PBS: Trump disbanded the Pandemic response team.
    http://apnews.com/ce14d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics...ndemics-office


    The CDC's own tests kits which didn't come out until weeks after rejecting the WHO test kits, for which no explanation was given, were defective.

    You don't reassure the public by lying, you give the facts and explain whats being done and needs be done. Something they are finally trying to do a better job at.
    Your first link is busted, and your second link does nothing to refute the fact checks by Breitbart and the Associated Press.

    And we do know why the US rejected the foreign made test kits:

    Dr. Nicole Saphier told Breitbart News Daily on Friday morning that the reason the U.S. had rejected coronavirus test kits from abroad is that they had a 48% false negative rate, meaning sick people would believe, falsely, they were fine.

    https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...negative-rate/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  12. #10
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,273
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Dr. Nicole Saphier told Breitbart News Daily on Friday morning that the reason the U.S. had rejected coronavirus test kits from abroad is that they had a 48% false negative rate, meaning sick people would believe, falsely, they were fine.

    https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...negative-rate/
    The WHO makes everyone else look efficient and competent.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

  13. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •