Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Donald Trump's record on the Coronavirus.

(1) Trump reduced the funding of the health agencies that would be involved with this type of disaster, and proposed 10% each of the next two years/.
    (2) In 2018 he disbanded the Pandemic Department.
    (3) He repeatedly minimized and ridiculed the Coronavirus and said it would go away 'quickly.' Sounds like the original Chinese response.
    (4} He held a campaign rally and exposed many including himself and the Mayor of Miami to the virus. The Mayor and others have the virus and he has so far refused to be tested.
    (5) He has constantly over estimated the testing available to the public.

. . . and worse.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-13-2020, 09:29 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Meanwhile, the UK: we can't stop it, so let's have it infect everyone.

Ditto Germany, also Japan. It's not actually that serious.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      Meanwhile, the UK: we can't stop it, so let's have it infect everyone.

Ditto Germany, also Japan. It's not actually that serious.
      Failure to respond coherently. The Three Stooges: Duck Bb and Weave.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Failure to respond coherently. The Three Stooges: Duck Bb and Weave.
        "Bb" was always my favorite Stooge

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

(1) Trump reduced the funding of the health agencies that would be involved with this type of disaster, and proposed 10% each of the next two years/.
          This is false as shown by Breitbart and the Associated Press.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...or-defund-cdc/

https://apnews.com/d36d6c4de29f4d04beda3db00cb46104

(3) He repeatedly minimized and ridiculed the Coronavirus and said it would go away 'quickly.' Sounds like the original Chinese response.
          (4} He held a campaign rally and exposed many including himself and the Mayor of Miami to the virus. The Mayor and others have the virus and he has so far refused to be tested.

. . . and worse.
          As for these, the President's goal has always been to reassure the public and minimize panic. On the subject of campaign rallies, every major candidate was holding them, not just Trump. In fact, Crazy Bernie drew a crowd of 15,000 to downtown Chicago just a couple of weeks ago, but of course, liberals only had criticism for Trump. The test kit shortage is because the CDC rejected kits from foreign sources because of a high rate of false negatives. Domestic production was ramped up many weeks ago.

But, sure, go ahead with the false and misleading anti-Trump narrative. That will fix everything.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, where’s the deep state when you need it?
            In the bin.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              The associated press and PBS: Trump disbanded the Pandemic response team.
              http://apnews.com/ce14d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics...ndemics-office

As for these, the President's goal has always been to reassure the public and minimize panic. On the subject of campaign rallies, every major candidate was holding them, not just Trump. In fact, Crazy Bernie drew a crowd of 15,000 to downtown Chicago just a couple of weeks ago, but of course, liberals only had criticism for Trump. The test kit shortage is because the CDC rejected kits from foreign sources because of a high rate of false negatives. Domestic production was ramped up many weeks ago.
              The CDC's own tests kits which didn't come out until weeks after rejecting the WHO test kits, for which no explanation was given, were defective.
              But, sure, go ahead with the false and misleading anti-Trump narrative. That will fix everything.
              You don't reassure the public by lying, you give the facts and explain whats being done and needs be done. Something they are finally trying to do a better job at.
              Last edited by JimL; 03-14-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Your point went WHOOOOOSH over my head
                Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  The associated press and PBS: Trump disbanded the Pandemic response team.
                  http://apnews.com/ce14d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics...ndemics-office

The CDC's own tests kits which didn't come out until weeks after rejecting the WHO test kits, for which no explanation was given, were defective.

You don't reassure the public by lying, you give the facts and explain whats being done and needs be done. Something they are finally trying to do a better job at.
                  Your first link is busted, and your second link does nothing to refute the fact checks by Breitbart and the Associated Press.

And we do know why the US rejected the foreign made test kits:

Dr. Nicole Saphier told Breitbart News Daily on Friday morning that the reason the U.S. had rejected coronavirus test kits from abroad is that they had a 48% false negative rate, meaning sick people would believe, falsely, they were fine.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...negative-rate/

Comment

Dr. Nicole Saphier told Breitbart News Daily on Friday morning that the reason the U.S. had rejected coronavirus test kits from abroad is that they had a 48% false negative rate, meaning sick people would believe, falsely, they were fine.

The WHO makes everyone else look efficient and competent.

Comment

Your first link is busted, and your second link does nothing to refute the fact checks by Breitbart and the Associated Press.

And we do know why the US rejected the foreign made test kits:

The reports I heard was that they gave a 30% false negative rate which would mean that nearly a third of those tested that had coronavirus would be told they were okay. That's worse than worthless -- that's downright dangerous.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In any discussion of Trump and coronavirus we should include Executive Order 13887 signed by Trump back in September of last year.

In any case Trump was trying to talk about this back in January but the MSM/Democrats merely mocked him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          In any discussion of Trump and coronavirus we should include Executive Order 13887 signed by Trump back in September of last year.

In any case Trump was trying to talk about this back in January but the MSM/Democrats merely mocked him.
                          Either mocked him, or ignored him entirely because they had the impeachment circus to talk about.

Comment

. . . and worse.
                            We know something is severely wrong when our media and politicians are trying to take political stands when there is a potential pandemic at hand. Hopefully, the people will rise above petty issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              We know something is severely wrong when our media and politicians are trying to take political stands when there is a potential pandemic at hand. Hopefully, the people will rise above petty issues.
                              The people are panic buying toilet paper. The social decline compared to a hundred years ago is obvious, and probably unstoppable.

Comment