Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disingenious Roy View Post
    I know that your statements were not in a context where they weren't dumb, that I'm not being disingenuous,
    Right.

Keep it up, kiddo.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He never called it a hoax. Even Snopes has debunked that one.

What's True
    During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
    Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

Come on, man, are you really so gullible?

Trump clearly called the consideration of the seriousness of the corona virus a "hoax," and likened it to "During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu."

You have not responded to the fact that Trump failed to respond to the seriousness of the coronavirus for over two months, which is reflected in his quotes downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus..

"Under control" in the sense that the administration was aware of the situation and was taking steps to address it.
    Plain and simple elementary school English: This does not translate into "being in control."

South Korea and Japan fit the definition of "being in control."
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post

Trump clearly called the consideration of the seriousness of the corona virus a "hoax," and likened it to "During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu."

You have not responded to the fact that Trump failed to respond to the seriousness of the coronavirus for over two months, which is reflected in his quotes downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus..

Plain and simple elementary school English: This does not translate into "being in control."

Right, so he never called the Chinese virus itself a hoax, and he never claimed the problem was solved, only that his administration had a handle on it.

So like I said, Trump's comments are fine; it's in CNN's "analysis" where you find the lies.

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Right, so he never called the Chinese virus itself a hoax, and he never claimed the problem was solved, only that his administration had a handle on it.

So like I said, Trump's comments are fine; it's in CNN's "analysis" where you find the lies.
    No he considered the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic a "hoax" and did not implement remediation methods for two months.

Again . . .

You need to go back to school and learn basic English.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A death rate curve is here:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-toll/

Many times this number will need beds in ICU’s (that won’t exist).
    And Trump thinks it’s time to get back to work.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No he considered the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic a "hoax" and did not implement remediation methods for two months.
    Even Snopes, which is hardly pro-Trump has confirmed that "Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax" and that instead "likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying ‘this is their new hoax’." Other fact checkers have also confirmed this so no Trump did not call the virus or the seriousness of it a hoax.

That does not keep this disproven claim from being regurgitated regularly on various network and cable news or analysis shows either occasionally by the hosts and often by their guests (who are never corrected and allowed to freely disseminate the falsehood unbatted without fear of contradiction).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Even Snopes, which is hardly pro-Trump has confirmed that "Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax" and that instead "likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying ‘this is their new hoax’." Other fact checkers have also confirmed this so no Trump did not call the virus or the seriousness of it a hoax.

That does not keep this disproven claim from being regurgitated regularly on various network and cable news or analysis shows either occasionally by the hosts and often by their guests (who are never corrected and allowed to freely disseminate the falsehood unbatted without fear of contradiction).
    Back to basic English. Trump calle the seriousness of the coronavirus a "hoax" and called it comparable to the 'common flu,' and it is a fact that he waited over two months to react an mobilize to address the pandemic. I deal in facts and plain English not polls and editorial opinions.

Frank

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Back to basic English. Trump calle the seriousness of the coronavirus a "hoax" and called it comparable to the 'common flu,' and it is a fact that he waited over two months to react an mobilize to address the pandemic. I deal in facts and plain English not polls and editorial opinions.
    Doesn't really matter, you are dealing with concrete literalness, any time you place the word hoax near coronavirus the reply is Snopes has discredited that!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No he considered the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic a "hoax"...
    Wrong again. The "hoax" was the false claims by the Democrats and their media allies that the Trump administration wasn't handling it. Quoting Snopes. Again...

President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." ... Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Come on, you don't even believe Snopes?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wrong again. The "hoax" was the false claims by the Democrats and their media allies that the Trump administration wasn't handling it. Quoting Snopes. Again...

President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." ... Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Come on, you don't even believe Snopes?
    A hoax is a deception. The dire warnings of health care experts, warnings picked up by Main Stream Media, was downplayed as fear mongering and deception.

What was Trump's message during this time period, the end of february and into March?

Remember, China quarantined the cities in the province of Hubei on 23 Jan, shut down businesses and schools entirely on 20 Feb. We in the US were looking at those measures as draconian, that our modern, western system would handle the epidemic.

And just how was the Trump administration handling it at the time of the remarks (end of February)?