Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    AFAICT - the first notification China gave the WHO dates to 12/30.
    Which China knew something was wrong, about a month+ before that.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      At best, they played the part of the unwitting fool at worst, they flat out lied. Either way, the CCP sold us on a huge lie and now we’re paying the price for this lie.
      I read your post in the other thread. Your conclusions are built on a tissue of misinformation, rampant speculation, and some outright fabrication. It's not worth my time to pursue further. Thanks for the response.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I would like to see your evidence for this claim.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

The first case was reported on ~ Nov. 12 reported by a Chinese newspaper, but it was known at that time that it would cause a coronavirus pandemic. It was pretty much a local matter.,

Again you need to back up your bogus accusations concerning WHO.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-31-2020, 07:59 PM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I would like to see your evidence for this claim.
            I would also, and a response concerning his bogus accusations concerning WHO
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

November, December, January, how many months is that, mr nitpick and this assumes that the CCP is telling the truth and didn’t hear about it in early November or even late October as some suggest. Since they spent time lying, covering it up, and destroying evidence, we may never know how early, but either way, they knew by mid Jan that Covid-19 was spreading person to person. They just lied about it.

Reports from China’s own sources indicate that people begin showing up in hospitals, for Covid-19 infections, in mid November. Since symptoms can start as early as three days or late as two weeks, it shouldn’t have taken too long to figure out person to person spreading was happening as soon as hospital staff and family/friends of the infected started showing signs of infection. Yet, the CCP lied, covered it up, and destroyed evidence. That’s not simple mistakes, that malice.

The WHO reported an incorrect fact, in mid January, correct? How imbedded is the WHO, with China? Did they independently confirm this? Is it true that the head of the WHO, owes his position thanks to the support of China? How is it slander, if it’s true? Billions of people were purposely mislead by the Chinese and the WHO was at the very least, an unwitting partner in this deception. Is that not true either?

It was mid November and it didn’t take long to figure out this was a new disease and it likely didn’t take long for the hospital staff to start becoming sick too. Either the WHO was an unwitting partner in selling this deception or they helped. Either way, the answer isn’t good.
              Stop beating a dead horse, lilpix. Everyone knows China covered up, just like Mexico covered up the swine flu and Russia covered up Chernoble. China's cover-up has nothing to do with Trumps slow response once the cover-up was uncovered. The U.S didn't begin testing until six weeks after S. Korea did. The U.S. still doesn't have enough PPE or testing to go around and that is putting hospital staff at risk. Is that what you call American exceptionalism?

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                The first case was reported on ~ Nov. 12 reported by a Chinese newspaper, but it was known at that time that it would cause a coronavirus pandemic. It was pretty much a local matter.,

Do you have a source for this? Last I saw patient zero was dated to 11/17, and that was not known until just a few weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out how a local newspaper could have reported it before or even near that date. It would have taken a couple weeks for a cluster to form and be newsworthy, pushing things into December - which aligns with what I think I know.

Comment

I read your post in the other thread. Your conclusions are built on a tissue of misinformation, rampant speculation, and some outright fabrication. It's not worth my time to pursue further. Thanks for the response.
                  The classic Carp handwave, where he dismisses anything he doesn’t like by a mere wave of the hand.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Stop beating a dead horse, lilpix. Everyone knows China covered up, just like Mexico covered up the swine flu and Russia covered up Chernoble. China's cover-up has nothing to do with Trumps slow response once the cover-up was uncovered. The U.S didn't begin testing until six weeks after S. Korea did. The U.S. still doesn't have enough PPE or testing to go around and that is putting hospital staff at risk. Is that what you call American exceptionalism?
                    Jimmy, who builds our medical PPE?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

And Shuny, when did the doctors decide to sound the alarm? What did the CCP do, when they sounded the alarm? Why did the WHO repeat there was no person to person spread, when China likely knew that wasn’t true far earlier?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The classic Carp handwave, where he dismisses anything he doesn’t like by a mere wave of the hand.
                        I notice you skipped over the request for you to provide your evidence

Comment

I notice you skipped over the request for you to provide your evidence
                          What do you want evidence for?

China lying?
                          The WHO repeating those lies?
                          The Chinese engaging in cover ups?
                          The Chinese destroying lab samples?

Are any of those facts, false?
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

China lying?

For the claim you made, Pix. The one I responded to.

ETA: Never mind. I just realized that you phrased the claim so vaguely you can essentially adjust it to mean anything. Further discussion is pointless. Consider my request withdrawn.
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-31-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Well - credit where credit is due. If he follows through, this is a good call by Mr. Trump, IMO. Nine cruise ships with 8,000 collective passengers are stuck at sea because no port will take them. They are effectively petri dishes for the incubation of this virus, and not letting people off and finding ways to socially distance them is effectively condemning some percentage of them to death. The docking and unloading needs to be done with due care so as not to further spread the virus within the U.S., but I think it's the right call.

The U.S. used to be a safe haven for those in distress. It is good to see that spirit is not completely dead.

Comment

China lying?

The Asian Review reports close ties between Tedros of WHO and China

Title: Did WHO's China ties slow decision to declare emergency?
                                Link: https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Co...lare-emergency
                                "China and the WHO have extremely close ties," a diplomatic source in Beijing said.
                                China is the world's second-largest financial contributor to the U.N. The WHO's
                                previous director-general, Margaret Chan, was nominated to the post by the
                                Chinese government after spearheading Hong Kong's response to SARS.
                                Using its diplomatic weight, China has blocked Taiwan's attendance at the WHO's
                                annual health assembly since 2017, the year after China skeptic Tsai Ing-wen
                                became the island's president.
                                China also provides significant aid to Ethiopia, the home country of current WHO
                                chief Tedros. And Xi's wife, Peng Liyuan, is a longtime WHO goodwill ambassador
                                for tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
                                Tedros is bought and paid for by China. It is hard to know what China wanted with the payments to Ethiopia but we can expect that Tedros was beholden to whatever message China wanted to say concerning viruses.

Comment