Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    OK - so you're back to turning an argument into what was not said - attacking it - and then attacking the messenger.

We're done, Pix. I no longer have time for your foolishness. When/if you ever become serious about exploring the issues and looking at the facts, let me know and I'll be happy to chat.

This isn’t about facts Carp and it never has been, this is about the bad Orange man and your excuses for one of the most brutal governments in existence, so you can justify your hatred. Stop pretending this is about facts because it isn’t. You even gloss over the fact US industry isn’t what it used to be and we’ve shipped manufacturing (including medical supplies) to China years ago. You know why we are having these shortage? Thank your government, industry leaders, unions, etc for shipping them over seas and screwing us over if we ever need them.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      This isn’t about facts Carp and it never has been,...
      That's true, at least. None of Crystal's 'discussions' are ever about facts.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

And Roy’s are about his silly nit picks and never admitting he was wrong when his picked nits turned out to be inaccurate.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

OK - I know I shouldn't...but that was just SO spot on...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

ORANGE MAN, BAD!!!!
            Found the issue.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I find this to be a sad commentary.

Unfortunately, Fauci apparently needs more security due to the nut jobs in our population.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• My Response To The Coronavrius
                by Donald Trump Joe Biden

“I said, among others, that, you know, you should get into China, get our experts there, we have the best in the world, get them in so we know what’s actually happening...There was no effort to do that,” Biden claimed in a virtual town hall with CNN last week.

Factcheck.org, an arm of the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School of Public Policy, refuted the former vice president’s claim:
                “On January 6, we offered to send a CDC team to China that could assist with these public health efforts,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said at a Jan. 28 press conference. “I reiterated that offer when I spoke to China’s Minister of Health on Monday, and it was reiterated again via the World Health Organization today. We are urging China: More cooperation and transparency are the most important steps you can take toward a more effective response.”

More than a week later, Azar said again at a Feb. 7 press conference that “our longstanding offer to send world-class experts to China to assist remains on the table.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...ecked-n2566202

Seems like every time Joe Biden says, "Here's what I would have done if I was president," it turns out to be something that President Trump has either already done or proposed.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  My Response To The Coronavrius
                  by Donald Trump Joe Biden

“I said, among others, that, you know, you should get into China, get our experts there, we have the best in the world, get them in so we know what’s actually happening...There was no effort to do that,” Biden claimed in a virtual town hall with CNN last week.

Factcheck.org, an arm of the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School of Public Policy, refuted the former vice president’s claim:
                  “On January 6, we offered to send a CDC team to China that could assist with these public health efforts,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said at a Jan. 28 press conference. “I reiterated that offer when I spoke to China’s Minister of Health on Monday, and it was reiterated again via the World Health Organization today. We are urging China: More cooperation and transparency are the most important steps you can take toward a more effective response.”

More than a week later, Azar said again at a Feb. 7 press conference that “our longstanding offer to send world-class experts to China to assist remains on the table.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...ecked-n2566202

Seems like every time Joe Biden says, "Here's what I would have done if I was president," it turns out to be something that President Trump has either already done or proposed.
                  Except for saying that he wouldn't have restricted air travel from China having called it racist and xenophobic (a decision which Fauci praised saying "If we had not done that, we would have had many, many more cases right here that we would have to be dealing with") and naming a guy to his advisory panel that thinks people 75 and older should die.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Except for saying that he wouldn't have restricted air travel from China having called it racist and xenophobic (a decision which Fauci praised saying "If we had not done that, we would have had many, many more cases right here that we would have to be dealing with") and naming a guy to his advisory panel that thinks people 75 and older should die.
                    For those interested in what Ezekiel J. Emanuel actually said, you can find his entire oped here. Rogue's description is misleading at best.

Meanwhile, Biden did indeed err about U.S. attempts to send aid to China in January. He's pretty well known for his verbal gaffs and off-the-cuff remarks. There is no question, if we see him replacing Trump in January, that the verbal skills of the occupant of the White House will not have improved by much.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedmprig View Post
                      For those interested in what Ezekiel J. Emanuel actually said, you can find his entire oped here. Rogue's description is misleading at best.
                      "I think this manic desperation to endlessly extend life is misguided and potentially destructive. For many reasons, 75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"I think this manic desperation to endlessly extend life is misguided and potentially destructive. For many reasons, 75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop."

And he wasn't talking about those who are sick so imagine his recommendations concerning those who are ill, like having coronavirus. The sorta guy who might prescribe a pillow held firmly over the face for a couple minutes until the patient stops struggling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Meanwhile, Biden did indeed err about U.S. attempts to send aid to China in January. He's pretty well known for his verbal gaffs and off-the-cuff remarks. There is no question, if we see him replacing Trump in January, that the verbal skills of the occupant of the White House will not have improved by much.
                          So what do you make of Emanuel's pushback against the "compression of morbidity", which he devotes a paragraph to? He may state that he opposes actively ending one's life early, but that doesn't rule out actively denying healthcare to the elderly.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Again - for those interested in his entire position - I recommend you to the entire oped. The sentences taken out of context and posted here are misleading at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              So what do you make of Emanuel's pushback against the "compression of morbidity", which he devotes a paragraph to? He may state that he opposes actively ending one's life early, but that doesn't rule out actively denying healthcare to the elderly.
                              I think that no one age/formula is applicable to all, and I disagree with him picking an age (i.e., 75) and setting that as an arbitrary point. I know people who have lost substantial quality of life at 50, and others who are still swimming and hiking and even skiing at 90. For some, morbidity is indeed compressed, and for others is most certainly is not. I think end-of-life decisions are things each person has the right to make for themselves - and Emanuel generally agree's with that. He never argues for any state mandated end of life, nor denies the primacy of the individual in this decision.

I think we would be a better society without alcohol. That doesn't mean I am advocating for the state to step in and ban alcohol.

And I did not find anything in that oped that even suggested ending healthcare for the elderly. If I missed it, you'll need to point it out.

Comment

Again - for those interested in his entire position - I recommend you to the entire oped. The sentences taken out of context and posted here are misleading at best.
                                Don't worry, the same ones pulling sentences out of context will quite assuredly tell you how to properly interpret the bible.

Comment