Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Great Toilet Paper Scare of 1973

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00000000000000ab000-00aaag.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aaag1.jpg

Back in my day we used to have so much toilet paper that folks used to literally string up dozens of roll in the trees of people they didn't like smiley old.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A body can live without toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          A body can live without toilet paper.
          True dat but y'know what? I always kinda expected the Apocalypse to involve a lot more zombies and not so much old ladies wrestling on the floor over a roll of toilet paper at Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Guys, we've been here before.

The Great Toilet Paper Scare of 1973

It's just "monkey see" panic.
            Future generations will remember this time as the Toilet Paper crisis of 2020 rather than as the Coronavirus outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The same thing happens every time it might snow here. In 47 years of living here the worst has been that you can't go anywhere for two days. And that only happened once. Yet folks stock up on a month's supply of bread, milk and toilet paper every single time.
              We have a major four-season mountain resort town about an hour from here that are accustomed more than other areas to stock up for the winters because they only have THREE roads in and out of it. Yet there now are people making runs to the store which have empty shelves and because of the virus the slopes have shut down.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I live in downtown Los Angeles, location of the most uninformed and apathetic liberal crowd in the country. Forget the toilet paper. I have to get up at 5AM just to buy my groceries at the Ralphs I shop because the items I want are gone -- meat, cereal, bread, canned goods, beans and rice -- shelves completely bare. I've never ever seen anything like that here before.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  I live in downtown Los Angeles, location of the most uninformed and apathetic liberal crowd in the country. Forget the toilet paper. I have to get up at 5AM just to buy my groceries at the Ralphs I shop because the items I want are gone -- meat, cereal, bread, canned goods, beans and rice -- shelves completely bare. I've never ever seen anything like that here before.
                  Is there a difference between liberal and conservative areas? I don't think so, even solidly conservative areas have people clearing store shelves.

Comment

It's a panicking human thing. Don't know why. It is illogical to pan8c shop.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      True dat but y'know what? I always kinda expected the Apocalypse to involve a lot more zombies and not so much old ladies wrestling on the floor over a roll of toilet paper at Costco.
                      Right - a big let down!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                        Is there a difference between liberal and conservative areas? I don't think so, even solidly conservative areas have people clearing store shelves.
                        Liberals aren't exactly of the "prepper" mindset, especially urbanized liberals. That's more of a rural conservative thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          Future generations will remember this time as the Toilet Paper crisis of 2020 rather than as the Coronavirus outbreak.
                          Maybe they will rename it the Charminvirus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I was buying groceries with my Kroger app yesterday, and all of a sudden it started getting bogged down and slow, then errors popped up. Luckily I was just trying to modify a pickup order I had placed the day before for pickup this morning.

I was to pick up the groceries this morning at 10AM but I got a text at 9:45 saying that they were running behind and I had to wait till 11.

When I got there I found about half of the stuff on my list was out of stock. The guy who loaded my car said it was nuts. They had people lined up out the door when he got there this morning at 7. He said half of the shelves were empty and they have been having trouble getting trucks in to deliver groceries.

People are acting like this is the end of the world. He said they were out of milk and eggs and even WATER. What the heck? Why would people think the water would be shut off?

Irrational panic and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              Irrational panic and paranoia.
                              The age of social media. This our future every time there's an event like this.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Liberals aren't exactly of the "prepper" mindset, especially urbanized liberals. That's more of a rural conservative thing.
                                Are conservatives more or less likely to buy up and hoard toilet paper? Rural areas have the same empty shelves.

Or was it just a gratuitous swipe at urban liberals?

Comment