Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona - Life in lockdown Denmark.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    • Any non-essential company has to send its workers home. They must work remotely where possible.
    • All school children, high schoolers and university students are sent home.
    • All surgeries are delayed, unless otherwise notified (one of my friends has a colonoscopy, but my mothers husband had his scan delayed).
    • A law was implemented two days ago, allowing the government to disallow any grouping of more than 100 people. (It has a sunset clause in 2021)
    • Daycare centers are closed in all but special circumstances.
    • Borders to the country are all closed down.
    • Citizens are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing.
    How do you decide what is a non-essential company? A couple months ago I'll bet that few would have listed grocery stores. But now they are one of the few business that are allowed to stay open in Italy which has a near complete lock down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    How do you decide what is a non-essential company? A couple months ago I'll bet that few would have listed grocery stores. But now they are one of the few business that are allowed to stay open in Italy which has a near complete lock down.
    Stores were listed as among the essential companies. I can't remember the exact list but transporation, energy sector, medical personal, police, ... I remember the Army isolating their soldiers on the bases for now, so that they would be battle ready all the way through the Corona outbreak. There's also elder care, those were listed as among essentials. Beyond that it is something you take up for discussion with your local government. So far everyone have been making very reasonable decisions in my opinion.

My little sister is a nurse at one of the hospitals that have been dedicated to recieve Covid-19 patients, they did a pretty thorough reorganization over the weekend.

As she says it right now, it is a very quiet hospital with the whole nursing staff being in a constant mode of readiness, just waiting for the influx of patients. They and all the doctors are expecting a huge inflow eventually.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Stores were listed as among the essential companies. I can't remember the exact list but transporation, energy sector, medical personal, police, ... I remember the Army isolating their soldiers on the bases for now, so that they would be battle ready all the way through the Corona outbreak. There's also elder care, those were listed as among essentials. Beyond that it is something you take up for discussion with your local government. So far everyone have been making very reasonable decisions in my opinion.

My little sister is a nurse at one of the hospitals that have been dedicated to recieve Covid-19 patients, they did a pretty thorough reorganization over the weekend.

As she says it right now, it is a very quiet hospital with the whole nursing staff being in a constant mode of readiness, just waiting for the influx of patients. They and all the doctors are expecting a huge inflow eventually.
    I'll assume you meant grocery stores and not all stores since I can't fathom that something like a party supply store would be considered essential.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll assume you meant grocery stores and not all stores since I can't fathom that something like a party supply store would be considered essential.

The cocktail bar we had planned at the end of this month was cancelled, along with all the friday bars. I hope the Sherlock Holmes Pub survives.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The cocktail bar we had planned at the end of this month was cancelled, along with all the friday bars. I hope the Sherlock Holmes Pub survives.
    These closings could be the death knell for numerous small businesses.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Movie theaters, museums, bars, restaurants, cafes are taking a huge hit.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The politicians are okay with the sacrifice of small business.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Movie theaters, museums, bars, restaurants, cafes are taking a huge hit.
    I should use my free tickets for the movies today. Maybe get some popcorn.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    The politicians are okay with the sacrifice of small business.
    No, they are not, that is your irrational paranoia speaking. The politicians are aware of the impact of the policies enacted to contain the epidemic.

The real question is, just how valuable is human life? (and how valuable is human life for the pro life Christian?)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    No, they are not, that is your irrational paranoia speaking. The politicians are aware of the impact of the policies enacted to contain the epidemic.

The real question is, just how valuable is human life? (and how valuable is human life for the pro life Christian?)
    Very important. It is Christ who has offered life and life more abundantly.