Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Corona - Life in lockdown Denmark.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Attachment 43344
    Yup, evolution says starfish evolved from fish mating with stars
    That's not true?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Grocery stores have put up tables with hand sanitizers and latex gloves for shoppers.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Grocery stores have put up tables with hand sanitizers and latex gloves for shoppers.
    Most grocery stores around here have had wipes and hand sanitizer at the front of the store for years.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen DesertBerean, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Most grocery stores around here have had wipes and hand sanitizer at the front of the store for years.
    And I have used those to wipe off the cart handles and the baby seat where I put my purse for years now.

Of course, I have to wash my hands when I come in from outside after filling the birdbath when the only things I've touched are my door handles.

Go figure.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    That's not true?
    He was ... special

To be fair he is not the only one out there claiming stuff like this so perhaps that's where he got it from (giving it his own twist)

I should add that the Turkish Holocaust denying creationist Harun Yahya (real name Adnan Oktar)[1] has his own "interesting" version of this. From his website:

Quote Originally Posted by What Does "A Transitional Form" Fossil Mean?
    ...Evolutionists say that fish, for example, have come from a creature that resembles a starfish. This means that one day, due to mutation, a starfish lost one of its arms, and during the next millions of years it lost all of its arms except for some that started by themselves to develop into fins.

Source

Folks, this is just the sort of thing you just cannot make up. Here is an image from that webpage illustrating what he is babbling on about:

And here from his gloriously inept book Atlas of Creation is this including the caption:

00000000000000ab000-00aaaL2.jpg
    For example, evolutionists claim that starfish evolved into real fish over millions of years.
    According to that claim, there must exist many transitional forms between the two species.
    However, not one fossil belonging to any such transitional form has ever been found.
    There are starfish and fish in the fossil record, but no forms between the two.

1. Yahya and his group which are widely known for his use of blackmail, extortion and threats of violence against opposition, use of cocaine, and encouraging a theocratic revolution, were enthusiastically embraced by the Institute for Creation Research (ICR), the YEC group founded by the "Father of the modern creationist movement" Henry Morris who then lied through their teeth about their association after news leaked out to non-YECs: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post296919

But I'm pretty sure the rest of it came from him.
    Last edited by rogue06; 03-18-2020 at 01:03 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To be fair he is not the only one out there claiming stuff like this so perhaps that's where he got it from (giving it his own twist)

I always wondered where these came from!

images.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

8. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I always wondered where these came from!

images.jpg
    It was most definitely not from roguetech labs. No siree.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well I am pretty much in lockdown myself now. They said we could work from home so I am doing so. I have no need to go out anywhere soon so I am just gonna sit here and be an agoraphobe!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Well I am pretty much in lockdown myself now. They said we could work from home so I am doing so. I have no need to go out anywhere soon so I am just gonna sit here and be an agoraphobe!
    Being an introvert and running a home business, I'm cool with it. Downtown LA is like a ghost town. Normally the city is bustling.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Being an introvert and running a home business, I'm cool with it. Downtown LA is like a ghost town. Normally the city is bustling.
    Wow! I've seen DTLA when I take the train to/from Union Station.