Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Corona - Life in lockdown Denmark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    These closings could be the death knell for numerous small businesses.
    Movie theaters, museums, bars, restaurants, cafes are taking a huge hit.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      These closings could be the death knell for numerous small businesses.
      The politicians are okay with the sacrifice of small business.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Movie theaters, museums, bars, restaurants, cafes are taking a huge hit.
        I should use my free tickets for the movies today. Maybe get some popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          The politicians are okay with the sacrifice of small business.
          No, they are not, that is your irrational paranoia speaking. The politicians are aware of the impact of the policies enacted to contain the epidemic.

The real question is, just how valuable is human life? (and how valuable is human life for the pro life Christian?)

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
            No, they are not, that is your irrational paranoia speaking. The politicians are aware of the impact of the policies enacted to contain the epidemic.

The real question is, just how valuable is human life? (and how valuable is human life for the pro life Christian?)
            Very important. It is Christ who has offered life and life more abundantly.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Very important. It is Christ who has offered life and life more abundantly.
              I see. And very religious sounding.

So what calculus do you think we should use to determine economic worth for these supposedly valuable lives? Should we emphasize economic vitality of small businesses today over lives of people?

Comment

Hello everyone, sorry for not having been more active here, but it's been some busy days at work and I really needed to just unwind this weekend.

Wednesday Denmark decided ongoing lockdown. There is widespread support of this action, including with me. It might be a bit much, but we're hoping to slow down the ramp of infected people so the hospitals won't be overwhelmed with critical cases like what is happening in Italy right now.

The company I work for, warned us all a week ago, to bring our laptops home after work every day, in case a lockdown was announced. Wednesday, while I was working at a client of ours at STIL (Styrelsen for IT og Læring "Ministry of IT and Education") it was decided by this ministry that everyone would be working from home. In solidarity with this decision the teams from the company, I work for decided to follow the same procedure, so I've worked from home for the last couple of days and expect the same for the upcoming two weeks. After that, it is anyone's guess.

Our teams committed ourselves to not lose one iota of work during this lockdown, and we're staying on track with that promise. It's taking some extra work, but nothing major.

About the only thing I'm concerned about is whether my trip to Florida in May will be canceled.

Otherwise, things are doing fine here, though feel free to ask me anything about what's going on.

Apparently your country is also passing a bill that allows forced government vaccinations. How do you feel about that?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

Please stop trolling and trying to derail threads.

Comment

Is there a better way to prevent vulnerable people from getting the virus then to restrict all social interaction? Great for introverts, but not so great for others. Guess we can't quarantine those most likely to die to protect them from the virus and pay for whatever they need. And then let the school children catch it and recover. There is procbably not a good way to get passive immunity immunoglobulins from the survivors for the critically ill patients, is there? Or maybe there is? https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/05/...t-coronavirus/
                    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-17-2020, 10:45 AM.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Apparently your country is also passing a bill that allows forced government vaccinations. How do you feel about that?
                      100% support during this time of emergency. In general (looking aside from the other authorities granted in that bill), there is no rational reason to not vaccinate.

Comment

100% support during this time of emergency. In general (looking aside from the other authorities granted in that bill), there is no rational reason to not vaccinate.
                        Unforeseen side effects from an untested vaccine?

This is how the zombie apocalypse starts in movies.

Comment

Just had a thought...

What if we really ARE living in an end-of-the-world-disaster movie?

Shouldn't the Rock or Tom Cruise along with some pretty and shapely female doctor be saving us by now?

Or are we the extras?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Just had a thought...

What if we really ARE living in an end-of-the-world-disaster movie?

Shouldn't the Rock or Tom Cruise along with some pretty and shapely female doctor be saving us by now?

Or are we the extras?

We're the guys in the red shirts.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              We're the guys in the red shirts.
                              I got the wrong movie! We aren't in an outbreak movie, we are in The Planet of the Apes!

Hundreds of hungry monkeys swarm across Thai street as 'rival gangs' fight over food after tourists who normally feed them stay away because of coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I got the wrong movie! We aren't in an outbreak movie, we are in The Planet of the Apes!

Hundreds of hungry monkeys swarm across Thai street as 'rival gangs' fight over food after tourists who normally feed them stay away because of coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html
                                We're still the guys in the red shirts.

I'm literally wearing a red shirt right now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment