X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Coronavirus

What do I think about this sickness?

Linkviolent video games lead to violence
    Last edited by Apologiaphoenix; 03-17-2020, 10:55 AM.

everyone was being told to stay outside.
    You mean "inside."

Comment

Why write on the topic if you have no idea or interest in what the other side is actually saying?
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
        What do I think about this sickness?

Link
        Let's not.

If you've published this, you should take it down, and replace it with a link to the CDC. The best thing to do during a pandemic, when you don't know what you're talking about, is to point folks to people who do.

Comment

Why is this logically fallacious? Computer experts I've spoken to generally agree this is more or less exactly what happened with Y2K.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            Let's not.

If you've published this, you should take it down, and replace it with a link to the CDC. The best thing to do during a pandemic, when you don't know what you're talking about, is to point folks to people who do.
            you can find the link to the CDC on every youtube video page, no need for Nick to do this too.

Comment

There have been a number of alarmingly bad takes from Christians on the coronavirus, such as Sye ten Bruggencate's rant about church closings and how taking precautions belies a lack of faith in God's sovreingty, and how churches should also ban parking lots because people could die on the way to church. We need to be careful not to be foolish in the eyes of the world when it is unnecessary.
              Last edited by KingsGambit; 03-17-2020, 02:08 PM.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Why is this logically fallacious? Computer experts I've spoken to generally agree this is more or less exactly what happened with Y2K.
                There is no scientific basis behind the claim that the current measures taken in the States is changing anything.

If no great effects of the virus occur in the States ...

We wouldn't know if people in America are less susceptible to the virus.
                We wouldn't know if people in the States just wash their hands more.
                Is it drastic measures that prevented an outbreak or were small changes sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  There is no scientific basis behind the claim that the current measures taken in the States is changing anything.

If no great effects of the virus occur in the States ...

We wouldn't know if people in America are less susceptible to the virus.
                  We wouldn't know if people in the States just wash their hands more.
                  Is it drastic measures that prevented an outbreak or were small changes sufficient?
                  It's far too early to draw any conclusions one way or the other because infections have not peaked.

Comment

There have been a number of alarmingly bad takes from Christians on the coronavirus, such as Sye ten Bruggencate's rant about church closings and how taking precautions belies a lack of faith in God's sovreingty, and how churches should also ban parking lots because people could die on the way to church. We need to be careful not to be foolish in the eyes of the world when it is unnecessary.
                    Has there been any talk about Armageddon? You know, 4 horseman and all that?

Seems like this would be the perfect event for the end of world nuts out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

When even the Four Horsemen are wearing surgical masks and gloves as well as carrying disinfectant spray --- you know you're in deep doo doo.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's post hoc thinking though. It could be why, but we wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have searched on Amazon for such books. Disappointed I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            you can find the link to the CDC on every youtube video page, no need for Nick to do this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                              oh wow. good research. you found the link.

Comment