Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Thoughts on Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Why is this logically fallacious? Computer experts I've spoken to generally agree this is more or less exactly what happened with Y2K.
    Even if not a single bug was found, the Y2K scare paid for itself bumping business planning onto Moore's Law.

It's far too early to draw any conclusions one way or the other because infections have not peaked.
    The peak is important because it signals how far our healthcare system will be stretched. The area under the curve will tell us how big that peak could have been. That's the total number of infections.

I've seen numbers.

Says here, "German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said 70 percent of her country's residents could become infected." And "when it comes to infections alone, which will number many times the fatalities, they could reach the hundreds of thousands and even millions in the United States."

Seventy percent of 330 million isn't millions, it's hundreds of millions. Says here, "While information so far suggests that most COVID-19 illness is mild, a report out of China suggests serious illness occurs in 16% of cases," with older folks disproportionately at risk.

Sixteen percent of 70 percent of 330 million is 37 million severe infections. We have a million staffed hospital beds, total. If we could empty those beds, and then clear one bed per week, it would take 37 weeks to care for patients severely ill with COVID 19.

That's with numbers I've seen.

Independent of whether the total number of infections turns out to be large or small, we'll know whether the measures we are taking now were justified.
    Last edited by Juvenal; 03-18-2020, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
      I have searched on Amazon for such books. Disappointed I haven't seen it yet.
      Then maybe it really IS the apocalypse!

No one shall know the day!!

Comment

"Trust the CDC!!!!!"

Are they still telling people that masks are useless?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Well I bet the mormons are thinking that all of their required hoarding has finally come in handy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Well I bet the mormons are thinking that all of their required hoarding has finally come in handy!
            I wonder if Mormon underwear prevents Corona.

Comment

I wonder if Mormon underwear prevents Corona.
              They're not supposed to be drinking in the first place.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They're not supposed to be drinking in the first place.
                00000000000sprkdr.gif

00000000000000ab000-00aaaQ.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have searched on Amazon for such books. Disappointed I haven't seen it yet.
                  We can start our own!

Here I will start:

Revelation 6:2
                  2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

This is obviously referring to Trump and the Corona virus. He is white, "corona" is Spanish for "crown" , and he just said he is a wartime president bent on conquering coronavirus! And "Trump" means to conquer!

Last edited by Sparko; 03-20-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Then maybe it really IS the apocalypse!

No one shall know the day!!
                    I've long had a theory that it will only come when people stop predicting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      Rats, I just predicted it so now it won't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        The end of the world will come somewhere between now and the year 10 000 AD.

Comment

Has there been any talk about Armageddon? You know, 4 horseman and all that?

Seems like this would be the perfect event for the end of world nuts out there.
                          When my husband Peter (now with the Lord) and I got born again about 17 years ago, through TBN (will not hear a word against all televangelists) John Hagee was preaching about The Rapture and we were absolutely fascinated and terrified at the same time and felt we couldn't pray the sinner's prayer enough times. We were so scared of hell and being left behind.

We of course believed in the Pre-Tribulation rapture because this is what John Hagee and others were preaching and teaching. I am still a Hagee fan but no longer believe in a pre-trib rapture. Certainly not in the times of tribulation the world is in now, but a while ago, I became convinced that we go up at the last trumpet, before the bowl judgements of wrath.

It never quite made sense that all the Christians would be taken out of the earth (raptured) and then some people who were left behind would become believers and as such new converts, have the understanding, resilience and maturity in the Lord to be part of the overcomers in Revelation.

If there isn't a vaccine soon and one that works 100% with no side effects, then I do not see things returning to a business as usual world. I will suffer and die for Christ but am loathe to suffer and die from this virus and or the devastating side effects on the economy and the untold human and animal suffering.
                          Last edited by Esther; 04-20-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                            The end of the world will come somewhere between now and the year 10 000 AD.

Comment

Chrawnus will look foolish if it comes in 10,001 AD

Comment

Christ will return before the heat death of the Universe!
                                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment