Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: On "Closing Church"

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Here's the deal --- same as I tell people at my Church..... do what you are comfortable doing, with regards to being "in Church" or watching from home.
    I am on record as telling people STAY HOME --- unless you just feel the need or desire to sit in a pew.

We have been averaging 20-30 people on Sunday Mornings the last few Sundays (had gone up to 70-80, then 'round 2' hit) with PLENTY of room for them to spread out.

I wear a mask when I greet people, just because I know some of folks are big on masks. When I go up on the platform, no mask.

The last few months, according to Google Analytics, we have about 1,000 people watching our service! WAY more people that I'd reach "in house", and some of them from foreign countries.
    It's rather amazing!

We also got several prayer requests from people we don't even know, so we address those as though they were family.
    Ah I see. We encourage people to call ahead for the in person since we can't go over 100. We invite them to join all our online services ( both members and guests).

OH! But we DO sing! (I mean, none of us know ASL or anything like)

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have strong disagreements with John MacArthur on several issues, but I'm delighted to see his church is going to defy Governor Loathsome.

Over here in the land of Governor Fenris, I'm hoping to pull myself together, and hoping my car is ok, to go to midweek service at the church a friend of mine pastors. I understand it's a gathering of two dozen or so, and they don't make a big deal about masking.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

4. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I have strong disagreements with John MacArthur on several issues, but I'm delighted to see his church is going to defy Governor Loathsome.

Over here in the land of Governor Fenris, I'm hoping to pull myself together, and hoping my car is ok, to go to midweek service at the church a friend of mine pastors. I understand it's a gathering of two dozen or so, and they don't make a big deal about masking.
    Were you sick?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post

We've missed you! It's good to see you back with us.

And a wonderful service it was, too, at GCC!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.