Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Hm...on my laptop the Sunday FB live constantly buffered. Didn't have that problem on Saturday. But my lappy isn't much for multimedia...I wasn't expecting to do that much multimedia when I bought it. I finally switched to my Note 8. The laptop was about 4 minutes behind!

I will be picking up a Chromecast for my TV. It unfortunately is not native for streaming stuff like Facebook.
    I got it set up...not sure how, because it first told me it was unable proceed because of guest network something ...I blundered around....went to finish off some yard work...came back and blundered around again..and all of a sudden got to cast from my phone to TV! Whatever, it worked.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
      I uploaded my first RL lecture this morning recorded off of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I don't have the option of upgrading their servers. Even the audio was chopping.

*sigh*
      The WorldTechies are adding equipment majorly bigtime to open up bandwidth, but with everybody staying home binging on Netflix and other streaming services, and every church in the world suddenly deciding to go livestreaming, and every classroom, and every....

Yeah, the Internetzweb is getting stretched!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The WorldTechies are adding equipment majorly bigtime to open up bandwidth, but with everybody staying home binging on Netflix and other streaming services, and every church in the world suddenly deciding to go livestreaming, and every classroom, and every....

My router apparently bit the dust. Luckily I had another one (from the cable company) so now I am back up to 200mbps. It had slowed down to about 2mbps over the weekend. We had a thunderstorm and I think some lightning got the router. It seemed to work but really slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          My router apparently bit the dust. Luckily I had another one (from the cable company) so now I am back up to 200mbps. It had slowed down to about 2mbps over the weekend. We had a thunderstorm and I think some lightning got the router. It seemed to work but really slow.
          You're gonna get a speeding ticket!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're gonna get a speeding ticket!
            ironic that lightning slowed me down.

Comment

Not to mention all those companies like mine which lent us all laptops with directions on how to log onto our networks so that we can work at home. Not to mention keeping the laptop six feet away from my home computer so that it doesn't catch a computer virus.
              When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                Not to mention keeping the laptop six feet away from my home computer so that it doesn't catch a computer virus.
                Mine is useless to me since it started wearing a face covering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                  I uploaded my first RL lecture this morning recorded off of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I don't have the option of upgrading their servers. Even the audio was chopping.

*sigh*
                  Do you HAVE TO do live lectures? Seems to me it would be easier to just record a lecture on your own then upload it but a lot of professors insist on doing it live.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Do you HAVE TO do live lectures? Seems to me it would be easier to just record a lecture on your own then upload it but a lot of professors insist on doing it live.
                    Interaction - when I've taken online courses, it helps to be able to ask a quick question -- sometimes the instructor plows ahead assuming everybody understood what he/she said, when a quick question could provide the clarification that gets everybody back on the same track again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      Not to mention all those companies like mine which lent us all laptops with directions on how to log onto our networks so that we can work at home. Not to mention keeping the laptop six feet away from my home computer so that it doesn't catch a computer virus.
                      The company that supports the captioning on my phone have been really overloaded with higher than usual call volume and moving their staff to work from home setups so they can continue to support captioning. In the meantime I'm left with no captioning for as long as three minutes in the beginning of each call. My dad and some of my friends are not that easy to decipher in the meantime. Good times.

Comment

• OK, so we upgraded our processor (computer and graphics) SUBSTANTIALLY, so we should be able to output a cleaner presentation.
                        Also, I think we figured out how to do the Picture in Picture so the words to the songs can be on the screen, as well as the Scriptures I'm using.
                        ALSO, we got the camera programmed for the three different views, so....

.... by the time the Covid Crisis is over, we'll have this down pat!

Comment

• My first Zoom service for our Wed nite services. I liked it better than FB because of actually interacting. Nit mny people were on though....not everybody had Zoom set up or something...but we're learning.

been at this church since 1984. It's SO HARD. But it's been fun learning all this stuff.

Comment

Interaction - when I've taken online courses, it helps to be able to ask a quick question -- sometimes the instructor plows ahead assuming everybody understood what he/she said, when a quick question could provide the clarification that gets everybody back on the same track again.
                            I had online -- well maybe just video -- remote classes about [shhhh 40 ] years ago. I think we were able to ask questions. In my case, I was just in an overflow room next to the lecture room.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              My first Zoom service for our Wed nite services. I liked it better than FB because of actually interacting. Nit mny people were on though....not everybody had Zoom set up or something...but we're learning.

been at this church since 1984. It's SO HARD. But it's been fun learning all this stuff.
                              It doesn't look like I can see everybody at once even on the TV if I can even cast it there? And that 1984 should be 1981

Comment

• Another great service and sermon, CP. I like the picture in picture. Still low frame rate though.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X