Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Here's the deal --- same as I tell people at my Church..... do what you are comfortable doing, with regards to being "in Church" or watching from home.
    I am on record as telling people STAY HOME --- unless you just feel the need or desire to sit in a pew.

We have been averaging 20-30 people on Sunday Mornings the last few Sundays (had gone up to 70-80, then 'round 2' hit) with PLENTY of room for them to spread out.

I wear a mask when I greet people, just because I know some of folks are big on masks. When I go up on the platform, no mask.

The last few months, according to Google Analytics, we have about 1,000 people watching our service! WAY more people that I'd reach "in house", and some of them from foreign countries.
    It's rather amazing!

We also got several prayer requests from people we don't even know, so we address those as though they were family.
    Ah I see. We encourage people to call ahead for the in person since we can't go over 100. We invite them to join all our online services ( both members and guests).

OH! But we DO sing! (I mean, none of us know ASL or anything like)
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• I have strong disagreements with John MacArthur on several issues, but I'm delighted to see his church is going to defy Governor Loathsome.

Over here in the land of Governor Fenris, I'm hoping to pull myself together, and hoping my car is ok, to go to midweek service at the church a friend of mine pastors. I understand it's a gathering of two dozen or so, and they don't make a big deal about masking.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        I have strong disagreements with John MacArthur on several issues, but I'm delighted to see his church is going to defy Governor Loathsome.

Over here in the land of Governor Fenris, I'm hoping to pull myself together, and hoping my car is ok, to go to midweek service at the church a friend of mine pastors. I understand it's a gathering of two dozen or so, and they don't make a big deal about masking.
        Were you sick?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I have strong disagreements with John MacArthur on several issues, but I'm delighted to see his church is going to defy Governor Loathsome.

We've missed you! It's good to see you back with us.

And a wonderful service it was, too, at GCC!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• cow poke,

Last week's broadcast started great. The video was not "stop-action" low frame rate, but then it started doing it again when the camera was zoomed out starting at the announcements. Closeups were great, but when it went to the zoomed out version it was like 10 frames per second again. And when you were giving your sermon it was the same. Then the audio dropped out and then the whole broadcast just ended in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              cow poke,

Last week's broadcast started great. The video was not "stop-action" low frame rate, but then it started doing it again when the camera was zoomed out starting at the announcements. Closeups were great, but when it went to the zoomed out version it was like 10 frames per second again. And when you were giving your sermon it was the same. Then the audio dropped out and then the whole broadcast just ended in the middle.
              Suddenlink is our internet provider --- I'm on a chat with them right now, because internally things were GREAT, but our upload speed was only like 3.5mps, and vMix software kept complaining about bandwidth.

We had things working FANTASTIC on Friday night during our testing - even found a way to add "virtual cameras" to the main PTZ camera over IP instead of HDMI/USB capture.
              But, we weren't "streaming" - apparently, the bottleneck is bandwidth for streaming.

Your input is appreciated.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                cow poke,

OK, so I found out a lot on that little chat with Suddenlink. Our upload speed is supposed to be 10, and it's barely been 3 or 4. They rebooted my modem remotely (it's basically a cable modem, then our router gets IP from it) and updated the firmware. The modem rebooted about 3 times, then came up "all green", and the VERY FIRST speed test I did after that was 10.5. I'll do some more speedtests over the coming days, but I think that was our problem!

I think what happened was that we were BARELY maintaining enough upload speed to stay "on the air", but when we added the IP camera, that was just enough additional strain to put us over that threshhold of acceptable bandwidth.
                We'll do some more testing Friday night - not just "in house", but streaming as well, and try to put a stress on the system.

Oh, and they said that their business class modems do better with a once-a-week reboot, because updates are automatically included in reboots. So, Denise, my secretary, will reboot the modem each Thursday when she leaves for the day.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• We are to have our first outdoor service first Sunday of October! In the evening so it will be cooler. And we usually don't have winds as a rule so everybody should be fine.

Comment

• We have to shut down for a bit - one household positive and one possible. How have your churches fared?

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      We have to shut down for a bit - one household positive and one possible. How have your churches fared?
                      we were meeting outside during the summer. we have been meeting inside four maybe 5 or 6 weeks. There have been no novel coronavirus issues raised, as far a I have heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        We have to shut down for a bit - one household positive and one possible. How have your churches fared?
                        We are certainly keeping an eye on things, but so far, we still have plenty of room to spread out and still "have church" - our county judge advises that the numbers we're getting are THREE WEEKS OLD - it's hard to know who to believe.
                        We're still being cautious, but praising God along the way.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X