Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 189

Thread: On "Closing Church"

  1. #141
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,227
    Amen (Given)
    13489
    Amen (Received)
    28264
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It depends if your UPS is actually giving you the filtered AC or just passing through while plugged in the wall (not on battery)

    Another trick is to see if you can find a 2 prong to three prong AC connector (something that removes the ground wire from the equation)

    or something like this.

    https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-List...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

    or even

    https://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-Hum-Vo...AC+ground+lift
    I'm almost not thinking it's 60cycle hum in this case - it sounds more like something is being an antenna - it's not a steady hum, but a very faint buzz with what sounds like voices, like maybe a radio station or something, and an occasional "boip" noise.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #142
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,915
    Amen (Given)
    5500
    Amen (Received)
    23669
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm almost not thinking it's 60cycle hum in this case - it sounds more like something is being an antenna - it's not a steady hum, but a very faint buzz with what sounds like voices, like maybe a radio station or something, and an occasional "boip" noise.
    weird.

    I found this link when I was looking for the 2 prong adapters..

    https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

    https://www.techhive.com/article/306...o-systems.html

    kind of a troubleshooting list.

  3. #143
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,169
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1207
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    My first Zoom service for our Wed nite services. I liked it better than FB because of actually interacting. Nit mny people were on though....not everybody had Zoom set up or something...but we're learning.

    been at this church since 1984. It's SO HARD. But it's been fun learning all this stuff.
    It's great that you guys can zoom your services! Some of my colleagues are going that route, too, but we've found it necessary to take extra precautions because of the rash of zoom bombers. Mostly that means not handing out guest links, which is a precaution we all need to use, regardless of the platform.

    I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the audio chops. It's actually worse than choppy video, because the video resolves to what I'd already written on my tablet, while the audio is gone forever.

    I'm ready to start offering sacrifices to the gods of network congestion.

  4. #144
    42nd Mojave Year DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,863
    Amen (Given)
    5999
    Amen (Received)
    2310
    We have the tradition of daily services for Holy Week...and will continue to do so online! Usually we had skits depicting aspects of the events of the week...curious to see lf if that'll be the same! Too many people involved though. ☹

  5. #145
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,227
    Amen (Given)
    13489
    Amen (Received)
    28264
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    weird.

    I found this link when I was looking for the 2 prong adapters..

    https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

    https://www.techhive.com/article/306...o-systems.html

    kind of a troubleshooting list.
    Interesting - I'll pass this along to our sound guys.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #146
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,227
    Amen (Given)
    13489
    Amen (Received)
    28264
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Interesting - I'll pass this along to our sound guys.
    What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

    The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  7. #147
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,915
    Amen (Given)
    5500
    Amen (Received)
    23669
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

    The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
    So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.

  8. #148
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,227
    Amen (Given)
    13489
    Amen (Received)
    28264
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.
    YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

    ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #149
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,227
    Amen (Given)
    13489
    Amen (Received)
    28264
    We are waiting on our PTZOptics camera which is directly supported in vMix, and has multiple simultaneous outputs.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  10. #150
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,915
    Amen (Given)
    5500
    Amen (Received)
    23669
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

    ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.
    Your music director looks like Burl Ives to me on the video stream!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •