Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: On "Closing Church"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It depends if your UPS is actually giving you the filtered AC or just passing through while plugged in the wall (not on battery)

Another trick is to see if you can find a 2 prong to three prong AC connector (something that removes the ground wire from the equation)

or something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-List...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

or even

https://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-Hum-Vo...AC+ground+lift
    I'm almost not thinking it's 60cycle hum in this case - it sounds more like something is being an antenna - it's not a steady hum, but a very faint buzz with what sounds like voices, like maybe a radio station or something, and an occasional "boip" noise.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm almost not thinking it's 60cycle hum in this case - it sounds more like something is being an antenna - it's not a steady hum, but a very faint buzz with what sounds like voices, like maybe a radio station or something, and an occasional "boip" noise.
    weird.

I found this link when I was looking for the 2 prong adapters..

https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

https://www.techhive.com/article/306...o-systems.html

kind of a troubleshooting list.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    My first Zoom service for our Wed nite services. I liked it better than FB because of actually interacting. Nit mny people were on though....not everybody had Zoom set up or something...but we're learning.

been at this church since 1984. It's SO HARD. But it's been fun learning all this stuff.
    It's great that you guys can zoom your services! Some of my colleagues are going that route, too, but we've found it necessary to take extra precautions because of the rash of zoom bombers. Mostly that means not handing out guest links, which is a precaution we all need to use, regardless of the platform.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the audio chops. It's actually worse than choppy video, because the video resolves to what I'd already written on my tablet, while the audio is gone forever.

I'm ready to start offering sacrifices to the gods of network congestion.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We have the tradition of daily services for Holy Week...and will continue to do so online! Usually we had skits depicting aspects of the events of the week...curious to see lf if that'll be the same! Too many people involved though. ☹

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    weird.

I found this link when I was looking for the 2 prong adapters..

https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-find-and-fix-hum/

https://www.techhive.com/article/306...o-systems.html

kind of a troubleshooting list.
    Interesting - I'll pass this along to our sound guys.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interesting - I'll pass this along to our sound guys.
    What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
    So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.
    YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We are waiting on our PTZOptics camera which is directly supported in vMix, and has multiple simultaneous outputs.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.
    Your music director looks like Burl Ives to me on the video stream!