Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: On "Closing Church"

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Let's see now... Didn't Trump make places of worship (churches, synagogues, mosques temples etc.) "essential" meaning that the states can't close them? But now the states are trying to regulate worship services.

Isn't that a violation of the First Amendment? Or at the very least like telling a store that they can open but only as long as someone doesn't buy anything.
    The Supreme Court muddled it up again.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I'll comply with our State's guidance because we have a lot of older people who are very susceptible to this, and I love them.
    If it makes them feel better to wear masks, I can play that game.
    Have multiple church meetings -- mask and maskless.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Have multiple church meetings -- mask and maskless.
    We are blessed with a large "fan shaped" auditorium with multiple (7 or 8) entrance/exits with PLENTY of room to spread out.
    I'm actually thinking about just declaring one half for masks and the other half for not.

getting ready for Sunday Morning 2.jpg

This represents half of the auditorium.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What I'm more concerned about is Fauci saying that there should be no Communion, indefinitely. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason it shouldn't be held every Sunday, and this is one of the major sacraments of the faith. It's not optional.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    What I'm more concerned about is Fauci saying that there should be no Communion, indefinitely. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason it shouldn't be held every Sunday, and this is one of the major sacraments of the faith. It's not optional.
    We adapted just fine --- he had the communion elements available in individual servings on several tables throughout the sanctuary, and gave plenty of time for people to get theirs, either individually or as family units.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We adapted just fine --- he had the communion elements available in individual servings on several tables throughout the sanctuary, and gave plenty of time for people to get theirs, either individually or as family units.
    we have these stupid sealed cups with grape juice. the seal on the top has a plastic/bread wafer across the top, which is separately sealed -- like a lid with two seals. I just skip that plastic wafer thingy. Maybe I will bring crackers and hand them out.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    we have these stupid sealed cups with grape juice. the seal on the top has a plastic/bread wafer across the top, which is separately sealed -- like a lid with two seals. I just skip that plastic wafer thingy. Maybe I will bring crackers and hand them out.
    Yeah, those were an option for us, but it just seemed... a bit.... contrived?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, those were an option for us, but it just seemed... a bit.... contrived?
    You can't see those being used at the Last Supper?

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We've used those at our church now. Before, we had the juice cup with this piece of bread in its own little place with one seal over all. But that's been out of stock for some reason. We want that back so I'm still looking.